What bike should I buy?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That’ll do it. Her dad passed in a cycling incident aswell so it should really hit home......

Too cold?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Lol, I used to save coins on the sly for off-the-books purchases. The wife could never understand why I never had any change on me.

Ultra Lord

It’s all card transactions now, no need to carry cash right.

You picked a bike yet? Hurry up and take some sweet hardtail photos at the trails for us.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The problem is with the Meta, which is first choice, and the Stache is that nobody stocks them on the floor. I can’t even check myself for fit, let alone have a car park test ride.

“Pay up front and we’ll get one in for you”.

Have to give it all some thought.

Ultra Lord

yeah it makes it tough. Not many hardcore hardtails floating around from the big brands, it definately makes it difficult to get a feel for what they like. Is there a return policy on either if it’s the wrong size?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Unfortunately not. I know what my Trek sizing is but I don’t know how I will like that kind of extreme shortness in the back end.

The drunker I get the more I think I’ll take a punt on the Meta. It has better componentry and isn’t such a radical shift from what I know. I think it’s a little slacker as well, would have to check that.

Ultra Lord

Unfortunately not. I know what my Trek sizing is but I don’t know how I will like that kind of extreme shortness in the back end.

The drunker I get the more I think I’ll take a punt on the Meta. It has better componentry and isn’t such a radical shift from what I know. I think it’s a little slacker as well, would have to check that.
the drunker you get the harder geo sheets are, it ain’t helpin haha

Which one do you like the look of more?

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've had my stache for a while and really like it. I
The short rear end has it ride similar go a bmx bike with you wanting to manual and pump everything. Can't help with the availability but if you can I don't think you would be dissapointed. It does ride differently to most other reasonably aggressive bikes and could maybe take a moment to get used to the geometry of another mtb in the stable, a curse I'm not blessed with.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thank you for your interest in Kona bikes, the Honzo 2019 range has not been released on www.konaworld.com as yet! This year the Honzo AL/DL is known as just the Honzo DL. The bike will retail for $2999 and the model below it “Honzo” will be $2299.

These bikes will be available through our Kona dealer in Canberra, the dealer is The Cyclery Fyshwick. There may be another dealer offering the bikes however that has not been finalized as yet.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just built up my octane one 29 using some spare parts mostly. Here's a pic.View attachment 347301 been a pretty cheap build so far.
Looks sweet. Out of curiousity, is the blue a solid colour? The red was like a clear candy over raw aluminium, which was a bit of a surprise when I got it!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Transition Vanquish looks sick as ! but so $$$

Looking at the Meta I'm tempted - there's a limitation in 29er tyre size though

"With 29'' wheels, a maximum tyre width of 60mm, the ETRTO value displayed on the tyre sidewall should not exceed 60-622. It optimises the ride and brings stability."

I think they mean it stops the tyre rubbing on the frame...looking at some manufacturers websites, it looks like 2.25 is about the max 29" rear tyre width the Meta will accomodate. That would do me but I'd like to know how much 'spare' clearance there is