what bike?

anthony243

Likes Bikes
hey guys,
looking at getting my first dually after 7 months of dh on a hardtail and am wondering what others would suggest as a first dually. Im looking at spending roughly 2 to 3 grand to get a good condition, second hand bike and dont want a reign or anything like that.Also am not the biggest fan of glory's.
any advice is appreciated.
cheers anthony.

Last edited:

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
hey mate, i recon yeah dont even look at reign, my opinion is that they are pretty much just a temporary option and you will find many for sale because people will be looking for a more suitable DH rig. The glorys aren't too bad cause they are pretty robust and im thinking of purchasing one now, but i guess its your choice. For your price range (which is very good) i would recommend that you buy a ironhorse sunday (team is in your price range i think) because they are a pretty strong and nimble machine, ive ridden one and think they are great. If you would rather steer clear of ironhorses i recon just have a look at some run-out 2009 model bikes from your local dealer or having a skim through the FOR SALE section on farkin, you will definantly find something good there:D

i hope i have helped you and that you get a good bike:p

EDIT: Hey mate found this wicked deal of an ironhorse sunday team x on TBSM

http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_15_18&products_id=3106

i recon you should seriously consider one

Last edited:

mxdame

Likes Dirt
I have gone the other way,off a iron horse & onto a 2010 glory dh1 & love the new ride & i got it brand new for $3150, but it come down to personal preference tho.

mxdame

Likes Dirt
The COMMENCAL SUPREME DH is $4600 & does not have the quality parts that the Glory has for $3000

hazza6542

Eats Squid

AshR

Likes Dirt
Hey, (yay for first post) I'm new to this whole DH game too, have a mate who races the VICDHS.

Went to Buller and hired a Giant in Jan and was 100% hooked.

I've started my bike fund and hope to get a bike before the first round.

Have looked at the Ironhorses and seem like a damn good deal for a beginning bike.

I ride xc weekly so can't wait to start flying down the hills again.

RMS116

Likes Dirt
The COMMENCAL SUPREME DH is $4600 & does not have the quality parts that the Glory has for $3000
If your comparing quality the commencal frame is ALOT better than a glory. Just the commencal supreme dh frame costs more than 3000. Are you refering to the new glory 1 or a second hand one. If so post up a link..

mxdame

Likes Dirt
Last edited: