what chain do u use?

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what chain do u use? cause i keep snaping chains and good ones like xtr and xt chains even a wipperman connex 8sp ( i run 8sp) i use power links and thigs like that so they shouldent be any weak links but they still snap maybe i'm just too powerful :lol: but i dont think thats it lol any idea's?

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats what i had on this week end a pc-99 and........ SNAP! so yeah and it was full of stiff links out of the box maybe it was a crappy one :?:

belly_up

Likes Dirt
if you're going through that many chains, have you made sure that it's not any of your other running gear causing the problem? I don't know anyone else who goes through that many chains.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah it's nothing eles every thing has been replaced and i have done it on all my bike b4 my curent bike but not as bad as on this bike but i am riding this bike alot harder

nathan

Likes Dirt
shimano HG chains. I havent had any problems. As long as you use the shimano connecting pins they work fine for me.

Ty

Eats Squid
the only time i started to really chew through chains was when i started to try abubicas on my MTB without a bash guard, the back wheel would slip off ledges and stuff and all my weight would land on the chain/chainring, other than that i find i screw chains when i don't have my chain decive setup right and the chain falls between the chank arm and the chanidevice and it gets all messy. my current sram chain pc-59(?) has held up pretty well though.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good news i had a pc-59 a bit back and it got sent back to sram and it was found to be "faulty" and i got a new one. lets hope this one holds up