What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Had my last ride on the Process today, and Sue did too on her Stumpy.

Both got nicked in the Melbourne CBD, while having some lunch with our extended family.
Really sorry to hear this. I hope it works out for the better for you both. You just can't leave anything in public these days.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had my last ride on the Process today, and Sue did too on her Stumpy.

Both got nicked in the Melbourne CBD, while having some lunch with our extended family.

Phark, what a PITA.

As much as I loved the 153, and I did, I'm sure I 'll move on, but I feel real bad for Sue. She'd struggled through quite a few bikes, to find one that she was 100% comfortable with. She found her beloved bike, by riding an identical one in Bali on a volcano to ocean ride, and really loved it, and I magically happened across a matching frame with some bits and bobs. I used that and added the rest, and built her up a bike, and she rode the crap out of it... alas, it's now gone.

Anyway, no-one died, so small potatoes, really... but now I need to get her something that she's comfy with.
Ouch… How’d they get nicked? Locks cut?

Stumpys are easy enough to get though, surely you’ll be able to get the same one again.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
First time back at Harcourt since it reopened, was showing a few kids around of which a couple were defiantly beginners around so only did tracks 1, 2 and 4. The revamp of the bottom of track 4 is nice and track 2 was running nice. Did manage to get a 'good' run of track 2 with some clear track in front of me, so technically I have no excuse for the sheer amount of casing of jumps I did, so much so that I'm expecting a call from the Victorian Law reform commission asking me immediately hand in my bike as no lawyer would be able to help me. Good news was that the beginners had such a good time there was already talk of upgrading bikes.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That hub looks neither carbon or ti, false advertising?
Correct! Apparently these are the core of what they do

These are on the wish list, but at $300 per rotor they can stay there

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Seen a Strava mate had signed up to do the April Fondo, thought I haven't done a hungie in a while, checked through the 'to do routes' and picked one around the 100 mark.
140km drive to Meningie and the ride should be flattish gravel with a ferry crossing and goes around Lake Albert, also goes near the Aboriginal town of Raukkan, the town that David Unaipon is from and where he built a church (bloke on the 50 buck note)
Called in there for food... cheapest place to eat ever, $9 for a vanilla smoothie, a sausage roll and a bottle of water o_O add $10 to that in any other town.

The ride... FFS :mad: started 9:45am then soon into a 40kph NW headwind while I'm heading NW for 45km, roughish gravel and every tourist that went past had me eating their dust and wiping it from my eyes, got to Raukkan, ate and left at 1pm, had a nice tailey for 10km where I was doing 35kph, then turned South, so did the wind, complete change in 1 hour. 50kph S Westerly and back to 12-15kph, It was a beautiful ride but absolute murder and the 2km unexpected hike-a-bike over a sand track felt like a nice break. Got back to Meningie, thought fark-it, dry April has done well for 23days so went to the pub for a beer (just 1), where a local said there a big fire 15km East and out of control by 50kph winds... thats when I checked Windy, no wonder it was murder.

Carried a complete set of spares as it was a bit far for a mums-taxi, including a spare tyre, sealant and chain but needed nothing apart from my 2 bananas and a Cliff bar.

Anyway, it was a nice gravel loop with a bit of tarmac and got back with 97.5km done, then had to ride 1.3km up the main street and back to get the magic hungie.
Definitely up there with the hardest 100 I've ever done.

wind.jpg

fhfdghfdg.jpg

oP43hlQzzh1JIGY_TeWCeEJu3GkGua4eNiHVoDME0fs-2048x1542.jpg

ea5nGEdVqLhO2RG4NEphwXKQzZVGKMVcbpAb1uxwh5I-2048x1542 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Seen a Strava mate had signed up to do the April Fondo, thought I haven't done a hungie in a while, checked through the 'to do routes' and picked one around the 100 mark.
140km drive to Meningie and the ride should be flattish gravel with a ferry crossing and goes around Lake Albert, also goes near the Aboriginal town of Raukkan, the town that David Unaipon is from and where he built a church (bloke on the 50 buck note)
Called in there for food... cheapest place to eat ever, $9 for a vanilla smoothie, a sausage roll and a bottle of water o_O add $10 to that in any other town.

The ride... FFS :mad: started 9:45am then soon into a 40kph NW headwind while I'm heading NW for 45km, roughish gravel and every tourist that went past had me eating their dust and wiping it from my eyes, got to Raukkan, ate and left at 1pm, had a nice tailey for 10km where I was doing 35kph, then turned South, so did the wind, complete change in 1 hour. 50kph S Westerly and back to 12-15kph, It was a beautiful ride but absolute murder and the 2km unexpected hike-a-bike over a sand track felt like a nice break. Got back to Meningie, thought fark-it, dry April has done well for 23days so went to the pub for a beer (just 1), where a local said there a big fire 15km East and out of control by 50kph winds... thats when I checked Windy, no wonder it was murder.

Carried a complete set of spares as it was a bit far for a mums-taxi, including a spare tyre, sealant and chain but needed nothing apart from my 2 bananas and a Cliff bar.

Anyway, it was a nice gravel loop with a bit of tarmac and got back with 97.5km done, then had to ride 1.3km up the main street and back to get the magic hungie.
Definitely up there with the hardest 100 I've ever done.

View attachment 408853

View attachment 408854

View attachment 408855

View attachment 408856
Can't say I've ever experienced a day down there that wasn't windy or wet.

Did a Tour Down Under participation ride from Strath to down there somewhere and the stretch into Goolwa was pure torture