What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
went & rode quarry pk in footscray this morning, trails are short, really short & very skinny..i wished they hadn’t used gravel, slippery as in some spots..loam much better. will b s distraction for locals & kids, not worth making s trip for..the flat easy track is very flat, so nothing to make a cnr on at speed, except the loose gravel they put down

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Spent too long faffing about with the rear tyre on one bike, so just grabbed the ever reliable hardtail and went for a lap of Strommers.

Few tracks are getting pretty blown out now (e.g. Double D, and some of Magpie rock) - just lots of traffic and soo dusty.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Oh started typing that i forgot I kissed the dirt softly with my top lip. First time ever my face has met dirt on a mtb.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
@Scotty T rest up, you're going to be sorrrrrrre tomorrow.
And maybe get your finger checked out... because you can bend it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not broken. My little finger was minor collateral damage in a major off, and its brokenness wasn’t discovered till later. Three operations, some screws, a pin and a fusion later... shoulda looked at it straight away, hindsight etc.

slowmick

38-39"
Took the bike out to Silvan. Had fund riding around in circles, climbing hills and bombing descents. Made me realise how out of practice i am with technical riding. Pedaled across to Bottlescaps after seeing it in @Chriso_29er's videos. Scared the shit out of me. The roll into the trail is real man from Snowy river shit, the mid trail roll over is huge.

Chris can make trails seem much smoother than they are. Me thinks Giant needs to pick him up for their next advertising campaign:

Giant - don't blame the bike if you can't ride.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the bike out to Silvan. Had fund riding around in circles, climbing hills and bombing descents. Made me realise how out of practice i am with technical riding. Pedaled across to Bottlescaps after seeing it in @Chriso_29er's videos. Scared the shit out of me. The roll into the trail is real man from Snowy river shit, the mid trail roll over is huge.
Nice one Mick, what other trails did you ride?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Had a little session on the local dirt mounds. The damn things are falling apart! Lots of traffic, super dry winter (drought much?), and no maintenance plan...anyway currently trying to get that front wheel turned down, made it about 3 degrees.
Push first with your right hand, pull with the left.
To get rid of poop stance; with your legs, right knee to your left and use your left heel to kick your right glute.

or just leave those knees out and drop a steamer at the top of every kicker

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Brilliant social ride yesterday at Anglesea with Surf Coast Mountain Bike Club. Found some new (to me) trails, rode something a bit scary with a lot of pressure encouragement from the group.

I'd spent two hours Saturday sorting the shifting out, because it was all over the place after The Boy had found that the mech was hanging loose on the hanger, and tightened it. Not his fault at all, and I'm glad he found it before it got any worse, but for some reason it had thrown everything off. I did my usual catastrophising, jumping to the conclusion that the cassette was flogged and I'd have to get a new one, but it turned out all I had to do was fiddle with the B limit screw a bit and now it's shifting flawlessly.

I also found myself doing something I'd seen in a Paul The Punter video with Tracey Hannah a while back. She was saying if you sing while you're riding, you do a lot better, because you're distracting yourself just enough that you're not over-thinking stuff; your experience and reflexes kick in and you just ride it. And it really farkin' works! I started singing Lust For Life while riding the trail of the same name, and just blasted through it.