What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also found myself doing something I'd seen in a Paul The Punter video with Tracey Hannah a while back. She was saying if you sing while you're riding, you do a lot better, because you're distracting yourself just enough that you're not over-thinking stuff; your experience and reflexes kick in and you just ride it. And it really farkin' works! I started singing Lust For Life while riding the trail of the same name, and just blasted through it.
Not a bad idea, might have to give it a go. Certainly has helped me when skiing now that I think about it, so worth a shot on the bike too.

Push first with your right hand, pull with the left.
One thing I have found is the inside hand needs to be rolled forward on the grip whilst you bring it in, scooping the bar up with your palm from under the bar & tucking towards the opposing armpit. Keeping a solid grip and trying to just muscle the bike over (actually, much like my profile pic) results in more of a "euro table" and is more awkward.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Nice one Mick, what other trails did you ride?
I did Temple of Zoom and DH1? for descending and got lost around the bottom for a bit. spent most of my time looking for Twisted Sister. I was going to try and find JJs when i saw Bottlecaps on the edge of the Trailforks map. I need more practice on the off camber of Temple of Zoom and more commitment for Bottlecaps. That run in from the road is nuts. I looked at it for a while and couldn't take my eyes of the two rocks near the bottom. figured i'd get target fixation and decided to walk down. Probably not much easier than riding...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Push first with your right hand, pull with the left.
To get rid of poop stance; with your legs, right knee to your left and use your left heel to kick your right glute.

or just leave those knees out and drop a steamer at the top of every kicker
I do love a good bush poop...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
And maybe get your finger checked out... because you can bend it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not broken. My little finger was minor collateral damage in a major off, and its brokenness wasn’t discovered till later. Three operations, some screws, a pin and a fusion later... shoulda looked at it straight away, hindsight etc.
Yeah at the ED now. Fingers have swollen a lot and can't curl the index and ring. Knee doesn't like weight, it's hurting down the outside when I put weight on. Looks like a but of time off riding at the very least.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Hit up the Youies today for the first time with the 50mm stem on the hardtail. It improved my positioning and felt grippier on the front but with no negatives in the air.

Bloody busy out there today too for a Monday! RDO for a lot of people??

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I had a bit of a last minute chance to hit up Eaton's yesterday and the weather was perfect. Tracks are a bit dusty/sandy but running nice and fast.

Worked up to hitting a couple of the jumps that I hadn't done before and got a nice tow in to a big step down that was proving to be a bit off a mental block for me. Can't wait to get back there and start really piecing it all together.