What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
So hit up Lysterfield with my brother this afternoon. Got absolutely drowned ha ha.
Ha ha, yeah we got drowned this avo too.

Urbaned it to our local, all good there, then into the Gully to head down the hill for beer and a meal. But we didn’t get are far as intended because the heavens opened and along with a driving headwind, we ended up in Zagami’s. Not what we were expecting, but cest lah steve vai, so beer/wine/food then trained it home. Could be worse.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is Snake Track still a thing at Mogo? That's a great fast descent with a short fire road climb to do it a few times.
I believe so however I don’t think it’s close to the dam area and it seems most of the trails are centred around there now...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it for a ride in the rain/mud, most enjoyable ride i've had for last month or two. About 1/2 way through started noticing a not so pleasant sound from the dropper. Prognosis: Not good.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Took the useless girlfriends devil spawn for a ride around the bike park. Despite only being 9 and riding a pretty ordinary specialized hardrock he beat his mum's time and even had a crack at most of the double black diamond (which is really just an aggressive green).

So the useless girlfriend tag looks to be hanging around again.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Day2: 2hrs of Queenstown bikepark in the morning followed by Rude rock and then LPS. Of Wynyard DH and pedal up to QTs newest trail.
6hrs in the saddle today and another week and a half to go...
did you shuttle between qtown & rude rock, or ride?

slowmick

38-39"
Took my hardtail out for local loop this morning and luckily missed the rain. Rode the bottom half of Channel 10 track and only came off twice. Became a bit of passenger when the cheap resign brake pads got a bit glazed. In her defence my hardtaill does 80% fire roads and bike tracks so cheapy pads are fine.
Also managed to slice up the inside of my knee on a poorly trimmed cable tie. Was not popular at home when I got home and had blood from knee to sock.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We had our 11th Annual Santa Scramble, the final race of our year.

Basically it was a normal XC race, but the riders were paired, fastest with slowest, and their combined times determined the placings.

Middle Brother was paired with one of the B Graders and pulled in 2nd place, while Little Sender and I snared 3rd :D

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Came off it hard in practice at Narbethong DH round today. Was sore, swollen on side and a little bruised, so didn’t practice any more, but raced (poorly).
Got home, limped around a bit, felt it getting really tight and couldn’t bend it.
A new lump about an inch high is swelling up on top of the patella.
Oh yeah, had a hot bath. Apparently that’s the worst thing to do. :rolleyes: