What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Took the useless girlfriend for a ride in the rain at Glenorchy. She's quite a good technical climber and went ok up the start of the nationals climbed until the XC decent where the semi-hysterics kicked in again and she wouldn't ride anything even a little technical and although fuming inside I stayed cool and keep the encouragement up.

We hit a nice little bermy section on the next bit of park, which had her feeling more confident so I made her go hit the double black diamond, which is really just a easy blue.

She did amazing and hit everything but the last baby drop, where she dismounted and tried to walk out. I told her to go back and try it and on come the waterworks.

So I marched her back up, gave her a gobful and a smack on the ass for good measure and told her to do it or else.

You can guess what happened next............

She rode it like a bawse, didnt even touch the brakes and in the time honoured MTB tradition recited the mantra "what was i even scared of?" On the ride back to the car. So very proud.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Awesome. It seems like you’re both growing. We’re all proud of you nathan ahahaha

Mr’s Ultra still refuses to do the mtbing with me.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mr’s Ultra still refuses to do the mtbing with me.
Take her to Lady Carrington Drive and tell her all trails are like that. Although, you will get so bored. You need to take a SS rigid HT to 'try' to make it a bit interesting.

She won't be scared for that one.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Take her to Lady Carrington Drive and tell her all trails are like that. Although, you will get so bored. You need to take a SS rigid HT to 'try' to make it a bit interesting.

She won't be scared for that one.
Yeah she knows it.

We’ve ridden enough, but she’d rather do other things.

Like triathlons. Bleugh

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I somehow reset the ap on my phone walking/riding the muru off the beach. I just got this emailed to me.

Trip time: 00:10:06 Trip distance: 0.9 km Average speed: 5.6 km/h Maximum speed: 69.7 km/h Trip calories: 44 kcal Climbed altitude: 1 m

How?

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Rode a lazy lap of the local lake and then washed the car that doesn’t get driven before washing the bike that’s done more kms since July than TCTDGD has in close to two years.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Took the useless girlfriend for a ride in the rain at Glenorchy.
I am really enjoying the saga about the useless girlfriend. I think you are being a bit harsh she is obviously good for something and she is really a good rider by all accounts?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did the Jump101 course with Ausride at Green Valley. I'm now a little bit less shit.

Also did the Pepsi challenge with the Rune. Jeebus the Rune is stiff and I really need to back off the suspension. The SAM is like a big comfy couch in comparison.

And look what else I saw!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally upgraded from old XTR to new. Have been using the 11spd stuff since 2014. Ended up finding someone selling the groupset on FB and I offered to buy it minus the cranks as i didn't wanna outlay extra cash on a new powermeter.

Still really need to do a PYR on this thing...

nathanm

Eats Squid
Took the useless girlfriend for a ride in the rain at Glenorchy.
I am really enjoying the saga about the useless girlfriend. I think you are being a bit harsh she is obviously good for something and she is really a good rider by all accounts?
The UG says thankyou. The saga is more of an indictment of my personality flaws and how I'm often a bit of a shit partner, though it is a little tongue in cheek.
It is designed to give everyone a giggle, but at the end of the day i am a very, very lucky man. She is a stunning woman and im am amazingly lucky to have her. Even if she rides a bit shit.