What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
just put in a new bottom bracket... lets see if this piece of shit lasts more than 10 months. fucking sram... also good to know that Sram Dub still runs a 30mm bearing, it just uses a plastic sleeve to step down to its new improved 28.99mm spindle...some genius thought long and hard about that i bet...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I planted face-first into a huge full circle spider web on a rocky descent, my face neatly hit the centre of the web like a bullseye and it totally wrapped around my face.
Yahhhh, you have no one to go first and do ceremonial spider web clearing duties?
Nice GT too. always been a fan of Gary's work.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
New year off to a flying start.

Rode the epic Lake Mountain to Marysville trail. 29km all the way down to Marysville. Heaps of work put into the trail with new A lines up the top section.
Hitch hiked for the first time lol. The staff of Lake Mountain are champions, spotted me riding half way to the top and stopped to offer a lift :) Threw my bike in the back of their ute.
Saw my first ever snake while riding :eek:. Luckily it was on a slow uphill section so I just stopped and it slithered off into the bush.

Any footage of the trail??

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IMO the trail ratings are not IMBA but more park oriented. The green trails are the "easiest", blue's harder etc. On green room as an example a lot of the corners are steep off camber berms that tighten on exits with drops on the outside so if you get it wrong, it's a decent fall down into the bush.
I'm confused - I thought a berm was very much the opposite of off camber

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I caught a couple of spiders with my face tonight. Did a 5 km Cruz on @Spanky_Ham 's '96 Santa with my dawg. Just along a bike path. I went bush for about 100 M before I decided that the light I have wasn't going to cut it. Parked the bike on a bush in a well-lit spot along the way, and told the dog to sit for a photo, but he was jumping around like a goose. I bent down to put a hand on his shoulder, and saw the ground moving. Bull ants. Poor little farker. We got out of there, pronto.
One spider made it home with me. He must have found a safe space in the helmet.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Watch out for those sneaky spiders, a mate of mine got bitten next to his eye by a redback that wandered into his motorbike helmet left on the ground next to his bike. Much pain !
That'd suck. I've been redbacked twice. It's no fun, and mine were nowhere near the face. I don't mind spiders, but redbacks can get farked. I'm giving my helmet a dose of Aeroguard now.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
+2, I rode Lysterfield last week and got shown around the park a bit, the place is really well marked out compared to anything up here but the ratings are very far fetched, sure if you're going Mach 9 on some of the black diamond marked trails they deserve that rating but otherwise, not so much.