What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I went single speed (thanks @moorey) on the hardtail. 10 minute job turned into all afternoon
.... put black wheels on it. F - a Dice/Dirt Works rim on Dice Mule hub (apt name considering the rim would probably go alright on a mule cart with a ton on it.) It's solid ...... looks tough. (thanks @binner)
R is a mid noughties Mavic XC thing off a Specco shitter with a Shitmano 450 something hub.
I wanted the gold rims gone. ...... swapped out rotors, tyres & tubes, replaced R brake cable in/out, repositioned levers, tuned brakes ........... Chain tensioner hits bashy, remove bashy, bolts are too long for chainring, don't have others, shorten chain more, ditch tensioner, bashy back on, chain goes on- but too tight, fucked around a lot, didn't solve it..... rode it .... it'll wear, right?

So I took my black and white bike for a ride with my black and white dog, while wearing the black and white jersey that @moorey gave me .....

Matchy-matchy as all fark.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I went single speed (thanks @moorey) on the hardtail. 10 minute job turned into all afternoon
.... put black wheels on it. F - a Dice/Dirt Works rim on Dice Mule hub (apt name considering the rim would probably go alright on a mule cart with a ton on it.) It's solid ...... looks tough. (thanks @binner)
R is a mid noughties Mavic XC thing off a Specco shitter with a Shitmano 450 something hub.
I wanted the gold rims gone. ...... swapped out rotors, tyres & tubes, replaced R brake cable in/out, repositioned levers, tuned brakes ........... Chain tensioner hits bashy, remove bashy, bolts are too long for chainring, don't have others, shorten chain more, ditch tensioner, bashy back on, chain goes on- but too tight, fucked around a lot, didn't solve it..... rode it .... it'll wear, right?

So I took my black and white bike for a ride with my black and white dog, while wearing the black and white jersey that @moorey gave me .....

Matchy-matchy as all fark.

View attachment 360034
Geez, you've even out-matchied me. I don't have an orange dog.....

nathanm

Eats Squid
converted the girlfriends bike to 11 speed.

Got it near perfect first time, then the cassette came loose. For some reason the crossone wheelset needs a spacer at the back of the cassette.

Fitted the spacer which pushed everything out of alingment and in trying to fix it, made a mess of it with the following - found I'd cut the chain too long, couldn't get the quick link off and then back on and get it set, incorrectly routed the chain, fiddled with all the screws and set them all wrong and in general made a 20 minute job take over 2 hours just because I couldn't be bothered grabbing my phone to watch a youtube tutorial.

in the end I found the main problem to be with the B limit screw pushing the derailleur cage too far away causing excessive tightness on the cable, but got there in the end.

nathanm

Eats Squid
@nathanm, is Crossone a road wheel/hub? They are slightly wider than HG
no it's a mtb specific wheelset but apparently its a mavic thing. Couple of different reasons apparently whether its to get around trademark or to suit proprietary compag or mavic cassettes which are dished or wider or something but yeah, you need to have a spacer behind the cassette.