What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Flame Grilled my brake pads.

Every Monday I'd jump on it to ride to work and find the pads have lost their bite. I'd wipe the pads and rotors over with solvent and they'd come good for the week, but lose bite again after sitting over the weekend.

NFI where they picked the shit up from, but I'm thinking wiping the pads only took the crap off the high points but left it in the cracks and valleys on the pad. Or I've got two dodgy weepy calipers. After three days they're still feeling bitey, so we'll see what happens on Monday.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Lent it up against the wall to look at.
Picked it up from the lbs yesterday, first service from a professional in 4 years.
Needs new cables throughout. I kinda new that but have been ignoring it under the guise or 'reason to buy new bike'.
Not going to happen any time soon so I guess its a long weekend of bike tinkering.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Went for a ride on North South which was wet and after nearly dying decided to have a look at the suspension settings.

Shock rebound damping was only 4 clicks. No wonder I was getting bucked constantly. Fork had a shit ton of lsc and again bugger all rebound dampening.

Took all but two clicks out of lsc, 4 clicks of rebound front and rear and the bike was transformed. Front end soaks up all the bumps and is using it's travel. Rear end is much more stable.

Can't believe I've been riding with the wrong set up for years

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Took a mate and our young kids for a spin around Kalamunda this morning, including a run up Gunjin on the KMBC Steady Rack shuttle.

Was a bit worried about my 6yr old holding the group up on climbs so I spent yesterday building a tow rope set-up out of a retractable dog lead and a few other bits and pieces I had lying around. Surprised that it worked so well.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Took a mate and our young kids for a spin around Kalamunda this morning, including a run up Gunjin on the KMBC Steady Rack shuttle.

Was a bit worried about my 6yr old holding the group up on climbs so I spent yesterday building a tow rope set-up out of a retractable dog lead and a few other bits and pieces I had lying around. Surprised that it worked so well.

View attachment 360185
Looks like an old Giant ATX 990 that has been stripped back
my first race bike, bikes have come a very long way since then!:)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences