What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Hopes have excellent expensives, and look amazing, but otherwise don't have anything to offer over Shimano. Tried v4s and x2s, went back to Zee's and xt, better feel for less monies.

for the life of me I can't see this modulation thing people keep banging on about either, does it just mean less power? Cos you can get less power with cheap tektros if you want

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
My 2016 XT's are still awesome with 1500km on them, pad wear is becoming noticeable but not a hinderence. My 2015's that had 2500km needed new pads so I gave the guy who bought it off me some I had.

Growing up on canti's and v's, all discs have good modulation to me.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
for the life of me I can't see this modulation thing people keep banging on about either, does it just mean less power? Cos you can get less power with cheap tektros if you want

modulation = my brakes are weak and only start working properly when i have to squeeze them that hard i almost snap the lever off....
personally i like my brakes to work well instantly, otherwise i wouldnt have pulled them.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I mean yeah, of course he is.

Tell me with a straight face that what you paid for those hope brakes isn't 90% of why you say they're better than shimanos though.

Bought them locally and shimano xt 4 pots would’ve been about the same price. That’s why I went hopes. I walked in wanting xt’s, but wasn’t going to pay hope prices for Shimano brakes.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Finished the wheel truing and installed cassette, rotor, "tubeless tape" ($2 gaffer tape from nightingales clearance centre) all I had on hand, we'll see how long that lasts sealed up no worries.

Youies ride tomorrow to test out my wheel building skills

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Installed a new (replaced under warranty Delkavic exhaust pipe, a good mob, 5 years replacement, amazing really) and am currently waiting for the goop to go off, so tomorrow will tell whether I’m still happy or not... but it sure looks good.

oh, no actual pedals, wrong forum...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Did the 100k. Come in at 5:20. In the top 50 (44) so happy with that.
Hadn't done this one in quite a few years.

How did you go with all the climbing? You don't have much up your way?
Well done!

I walked the stupid steep climbs on the slimy shit in the first loop, but I definitely wasn't alone there, and a more aggressive rear tire might have helped. But the rest was just like being back in Adelaide, I wasn't the fastest going up, but I had a target heart rate and stuck to that, ate plenty and was able to catch and pass a few guys on the last couple of climbs around the dam and through Follow the Dog.

Sitting at the back of the bunch along Forrest Rd was pretty cool. Closest I'll ever get to a Pro Peleton

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
And just before they failed there were 6 of us stuck behind a single speeder who just couldn't descend to save himself. Never been on the brakes so hard for so long.
nothing more satisfying than beating some multi speeders up a hill to then deliberately slow them up on a descent ;):mad::p so they can’t use their precious

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Was going to ride the Transition, but sick of front brake being so noisy. So left it in shed an ordered a new rotor and resin pads.

Went to take the Cotic out instead, got 1km down the road and thought gearing was out and then dropped a chain. Nope, broken chain link and I'm out of powerlinks. Ordered a bunch off ebay.

Took it home and grabbed the gravel bike. Nice ride out on the Bicentennial / Centennial trail for a bit... Loving having some green back.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Rode Boomers (boomerang farm) today. Great fun also got a tow in to a big step-up I had be cautious of (for no reason it appears) so stoked with that.

Had a go on a e-bike on some decent jumps. Jumped well and was much easier to pedal up for another run.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Which track is that? I've been lucky and barely seen any snakes at Youies this season
Track 14 at the bottom of the black diamond bit.

I ride at the You Yangs 2-3 times a week and that is the first snake I have ever seen there

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
No pedals today... but rode the vstrom with its new exhaust to get it nice and hot and check for leaks. Tick, all good. During the ride, I had some fun on Arthurs Seat with three young'uns on newby sportsbikes. Regardless, the pipe seems ok, and sounds good.