What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Towed the little fella up Gunjin with the $10 retractable dog lead (has lasted 2 rides now to my surprise).

A few impatient types on the trails today sadly. We always get off the trail as soon as possible when someone comes behind but clearly wasn't quick enough for 2 riders.

One xc rider was obviously chasing Strava times and will have some decent stitches and a scar to remind him to be more patient after trying a hero overtake move on a 6 year old looking for a safe spot to stop.

The 2nd (on e-bike resplendent in full face and pads) hopefully learned his lesson when the little fella caught him on the next descent.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
One xc rider was obviously chasing Strava times and will have some decent stitches and a scar to remind him to be more patient after trying a hero overtake move on a 6 year old looking for a safe spot to stop.
Karma is a Bitch. As a club we make a big deal of making that behaviour unacceptable. Thankfully there's only really one member who's that impatient

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
What happened to the Öhlins m.2? No good?
Struggled with the mullet set up. It was fast with the big wheel on the front but I didn’t feel comfortable with it. Then couldn’t get a coil in the 27.5 so the 36’s will do in the meantime.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Struggled with the mullet set up. It was fast with the big wheel on the front but I didn’t feel comfortable with it. Then couldn’t get a coil in the 27.5 so the 36’s will do in the meantime.
Ah ok. I’m tempted because #brandslut, but there’s not much written about them and it’s a lot of $$

Cardy George

Dropped it, again. Makes three stacks in two weekends. Hopefully that's it coz this shit's getting expensive.

Currently on the PC installing the e-tube software so I can to re-program the front shifter to act as a rear shifter coz it got wiped out.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode it for the first time in yonks... Lap of stromlo.

Test ride of the One Up dropper with the Zitto remote (wolf tooth knockoff). Happy with both. Dropper return made me fear for my nuts a couple of times, but nice to have it come up immediately on demand!

Zitto remote a nice piece too - feels very solid with a nice action.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Towed the little fella up Gunjin with the $10 retractable dog lead (has lasted 2 rides now to my surprise).

View attachment 360614

A few impatient types on the trails today sadly. We always get off the trail as soon as possible when someone comes behind but clearly wasn't quick enough for 2 riders.

The 2nd (on e-bike resplendent in full face and pads) hopefully learned his lesson when the little fella caught him on the next descent.
You have Schrödinger's son. If he wasn't there, there would be no need to dish out well deserved concussions. But because he's there you can't dish them out.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
with the $10 retractable dog lead
Had a little chat with a guy this morning who had towed his young fella to the top of a trail with some special springy bike tow rope to the back of his ebike. Might have to look into something like that to get my 6yo to some better descents. I ebike for me though.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
@silentbutdeadly is the bloke he talks of ;)
Cheeky sod. I'll have you know that, on more than one occasion, the Coomie kids ran over me.

I still have fond memories though of Sarge inserting himself into a tree though after overtaking me during a race. He told me as he went past that I was too slow because he was a roadie. My natural response after I went past again was 'nice move, roadie'. We laughed at the end though...

Cardy George

Rolled the dice...and lost.
Yep :rolleyes: I teamed up with Middle Brother and he landed face first coming off the big stump. Wasn't a good day for two thirds of our little race team. Little Sender was just fine.

I still have fond memories though of Sarge inserting himself into a tree though after overtaking me during a race. He told me as he went past that I was too slow because he was a roadie. My natural response after I went past again was 'nice move, roadie'. We laughed at the end though...
He's a good bloke, Ol' Sargie. He was the first to send for help, and stopped a couple of times to make sure Middle Brother really was OK.