What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
CV19 is the best thing for family time - look at all the happy snaps !
The walking / bike path between home and the next town ( approx 8 kms ) has been steadily filling up each day with kids, bikes , runners , dogs and combinations of all of the above !

Somethings , I hope don’t change - is this the reset we all tried to achieve - home - work - family - life balance

Yeah...it's great.

Looks like @foxpuppet has a rock to send as well!!! This could be the ultimate North vs South send off since some other time when there might have been one.

Family’s cool and all but god damn I can’t wait to get written off at a bar again.
I think the 2 Live Crew put it best ....everybody say heyyyyyyyyyyy we want some....

stirk

Burner
It might be. Let's hope the good parts of it all stays once it passes.

It does make you realise how much you really don't need to go shopping. That is a win. More time to mess around with better things.
Some goodness might stay
View attachment 362039

Yeah...it's great.

Looks like @foxpuppet has a rock to send as well!!! This could be the ultimate North vs South send off since some other time when there might have been one.

I think the 2 Live Crew put it best ....everybody say heyyyyyyyyyyy we want some....
I just sharpened my axe for the winter wood chopping season. I hope it does not snow.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice ride today... from home, through Birdsland, up over Dargon then into Lysterfield. Haven't been there in ages, as we've been mainly riding Redhill. Anyway, heaps of people there, mainly noobs/families/groups... more chrome stanchions than you could point a stick at. Good really, they were all having a go. But hey, we felt like pros. And we didn't see a single eThing, not one, so we did all the passing, ha ha. Did a lap then the big climb home, thought we'd do Nixons Rd, phark is that steep? Fail, walk, burning calves, ouch. Then an easy run home urbaning off peoples driveways. Great.

Oh, almost forgot, they have fixed the bit of Comm Games near the George Michael carpark, where I had my head on (haven't fully recovered yet) and it now is clearly sign posted and blocked off with an obvious way for the vast bulk of riders who are doing a standard lap, to not have a head on with someone starting from the top carpark to do Comm Games. Phew.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
mainly noobs/families/groups... more chrome stanchions than you could point a stick at
I found the same at Bunya yesterday arvo. Was great to see. Even had a laugh with one guy who didn't let me through, which was fine and I was silent and patient, who proceeded to stack it on the first technical section.

Didn't like seeing a 12yo on an ebike though. Kids don't need that.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Easter Holidays projects. Finally gave the garage a good clean in preparation for the hardtail build.
Frame arrived so stuck a few parts on it, now just have to wait for thr CRC order.

Also need to decide whether to keep the stealth look with the graphics covered or return it to its factory bling?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hand mixed 26 bags of concrete last weekend - don't need any more projects!
And still no slide pics!!!

send it flat for the boi’s!!!! Yiew
Looks like you've got an experienced coach for the send @hifiandmtb! By my analysis it's not a bi drop, probably less than 1m even of you go "big". It looks to only be a little higher than your tyre. But I also see an option for a sweet send with minimal drop but maXXXimum steez!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the @hifiandmtb vs @foxpuppet outer Sydney huck fest is on!!! The Pannell of judges will decide the winner based on a combination of style and balls the wall courage! The BBQ Master is up against a bigger overall hit than Slide Slammer, so he may receive a small difficulty enhancer to be decided when the entry is submitted. Date of the competition is set for 2 weeks after this bullshit lock down is lifted, to allow the boys to get back on their A-line stomping game. They'll have plenty of lockdown time to meditate and vision the send plus build whatever assistance they need. Things like a lander (soft!) Or kicker (now you're talking #send!).

Now for ab brief analysis of how things stand after last weekend. Both competitors are showing good style in the loose natural terrain that Sydney trails are renowned for. There's great bike control and body position and they both appear the very on touch with their bikes. Speaking of which I see they are on reasonably similar rollers with an Ibis Ripmo and a Santa Cruz Hightower, so the west coast rivalry is running deep!

A look at the feature from down south and the options really open up for style points. If Slide Slasher wants to keep on his straight line there is opportunity to construct a sweet step down. Word is that he has been stockpiling construction materials and bags of cement recently, so I'd be looking out for a fellow building a nice long landing ramp where the red squiggle is. Nothing too step, focusing on width and length to allow for a bit of freestyle while in the air over the scooped out section of rock (between the red dot and and red squiggles). The red dot indicates the shortest length possible for gapping the scoop and I wouldn't be surprised to see a small concrete + native rock kicker built somewhere along that straight line in, probably a bit further back though. I'd expect 2 bike lengths or air time would be the sweet spot on this on.

Alternatively he may opt for less work and a pure balls to the wall approach. The rock has a nice bulge (circled in red) with a good line in. From this he might choose to go big to flat and chase the brass balls points or again take up the prison to assemble a lander and work some style on the roll down.

And that rock has plenty of other goodies to share too! We could see something totally unexpected here, just like that first morning when his wife's eyes clear over a cup of coffee and she sees the slide finally completed! He is a known wildcard so stay stunned.

Things are a little different up north. The BBQ Master has been given a bit of a gift here. This naturally bigger feature is littered with opportunity to show off! Straight up the landing area is already on a bit of a slope, all be it gentle. Just look at the angle of the bike! It must be steep his face is looking pretty puffed. He could simply rock up to that edge (marked by the red X), lift the front wheel, and send himself to victory! Speed isn't the key O this one, it will be reliant on balance and power transfer. Or maybe pull an acid drop or a cave man just because? The only limit is the imagination and I've run out of ideas.

So maybe the (approximately) 6 foot drop isn't what's needed though? Bigger isn't always better afterall! The feature options really open up if the landing is extended up the rock, providing an arc for a lander with a smooth transition meeting up with the existing angle of the trail. The Didier could then look to send from a little further back, or a lot further back! Bringing the bike into a dramatic nose dive to finish the feature off.

I'm on the edge of my seat here!!! Popcorn is already on the stove. Need mention that the books are already open so let the betting begin!!!