What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah mate. Whilst the repair was good and technically it should be strong or even stronger it's a mind fuck. I'm doing what I consider to be pretty big jumps these days and I just don't need that nagging me whilst doing that. Couldn't sell it in good conscience.
Nobody wants to be in the air wondering if they turned the iron off!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Here's to hoping the forum gets around l increasing the file size limit soon! Nice HT badge.
File size isn’t the issue here, it’s the original image.

@Scotty T’s mate has a very expensive lens on a very expensive camera. Those shots will look amazing even at tiny file sizes.

Looks like your shots are off a phone propped next to the trail. Phone lens will never give you detail in a close crop.

Or was you comment tongue in cheek? Anyway, that’s the reason.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

@Scotty T’s mate has a very expensive lens on a very expensive camera. Those shots will look amazing even at tiny file sizes.

Looks like your shots are off a phone propped next to the trail. Phone lens will never give you detail in a close crop.

Yes...tongue into the cheek. But the file size is limited to 2gb, which requires a fair bit of cropping or resizing to get a file up as Mo's phones are making files much bigger these days. My phone is far from fancy, so I'd imaging people using high end phones would be in much worse shape.

For the record, the image was a screen shot from a video shot on top of a rock...then converted to a jpeg of 393kb because the screen shot was too big at 4mb. Quite a while ago the file size was bumped up to 5mb which is somewhat manageable.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes...tongue into the cheek. But the file size is limited to 2gb, which requires a fair bit of cropping or resizing to get a file up as Mo's phones are making files much bigger these days. My phone is far from fancy, so I'd imaging people using high end phones would be in much worse shape.

For the record, the image was a screen shot from a video shot on top of a rock...then converted to a jpeg of 393kb because the screen shot was too big at 4mb. Quite a while ago the file size was bumped up to 5mb which is somewhat manageable.
Mate I use Imgur then link the images here for higher res stuff. Seems to work well enough.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Mate I use Imgur then link the images here for higher res stuff. Seems to work well enough.
Linking to on off site host is a good way if you really need a big file size.

usually not needed (for the quality required to view here), but I appreciate the whole converting and re-sizing process is a pain in the arse.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
For the record, the image was a screen shot from a video shot on top of a rock...then converted to a jpeg of 393kb because the screen shot was too big at 4mb.
worst of all worlds unfortunately. Video compression has different priorities, generally looks quite good when viewed as a video but drops noticeably as a still frame from a poor source. Nerd.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
worst of all worlds unfortunately. Video compression has different priorities, generally looks quite good when viewed as a video but drops noticeably as a still frame from a poor source. Nerd.
I beg to differ. I'm presenting it at Cannes as soon as it reopens.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While we're giving out riding tips I would say go faster and you wont have time to be looking around for photographers.
I say keep your head up and eyes open for photographers! You never want a lense to catch you unaware. Alternatively always ride ready for the photographer.

They’ll judge it on story. So.
Phew. Lucky I've got that covered, it's quite a saga.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Did a little capture this morning - stills from a phone video need to be close and well lit:

Shit framing, but you can see a fair bit of detail, plus this is digitally zoomed in. IPhone 6.

I tend to see a well lit scene I take advantage of it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Sadly I retired an "old" friend today. This guy gave me a few years of joy before a shock failed and cracked the frame. Had it fixed and you can't spot the repair but I just don't trust it. Given that, I couldn't in all fairness sell it to someone so I've retired it and cannibalized it for a new build. It felt terrible pulling it apart for the last time but I'm excited about the new build.

View attachment 362206

View attachment 362208,

View attachment 362207
I feel your pain. I had a Mach 6 for a bit. Underrated tanks, much more versatile than they look too. Kinda impressed you managed to break it actually... whereabouts?

From memory it was your write up of this frame with an 11-6 on here that convinced me to pull the trigger on the secondhand one I bought with the same set up...