What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went up to Harcourt this morning for a frosty start. Trail conditions were prime with a fair bit of moisture in the soil making it super grippy.

That said, fuck me the squid brigade have been out in force lately judging by the number of new straight lines that have been cut around just about every interesting trail feature :(

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
That said, fuck me the squid brigade have been out in force lately judging by the number of new straight lines that have been cut around just about every interesting trail feature :(
all recent too, covid has seen many short cuts taken, wettest i’ve ever seen it yesterday, mud for the first time

tobbogonist

a registered member
We had our first ride there last weekend, and it was great. We'll be back for sure, as we did one side of it and Trailforks tells me that there is about the same amount of trails again, that we didn't do. Next time. Ha ha, most of the "few good techy downhill bursts" for us, involved walking... but, running flats helped though, and the more rocks you ride, the better you get. I'm just fricken old though and don't bounce like I used too.

Your bike looks good.
Cheers,
Let me know if you want someone to tag along. I'm very unfit at the moment which has made me somewhat bouncier. I didnt realise they where up on trailforks, i just ride and get lost then ride some more and so on until im back in Wangaratta.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Cheers,
Let me know if you want someone to tag along. I'm very unfit at the moment which has made me somewhat bouncier. I didnt realise they where up on trailforks, i just ride and get lost then ride some more and so on until im back in Wangaratta.
How’d the bike go at Beechworth? Enjoy the sketchy Woolshed jumps? :D

tobbogonist

a registered member
How’d the bike go at Beechworth? Enjoy the sketchy Woolshed jumps? :D
Man ran out of time.
Did one lap of the xc loop then mucked about with snakes and ladders and the bottom downhill off secret track. So unfit. A mate came up from Melbourne, managed to bend his rear derailluer hanger and get a pinch flat. We called it and hit the pub (loungeroom) Next weekend!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Home... Well that was a shitty week.way better today, down to Panadol mostly already.

2 months off the bike though. Could ride in one, but if crash again it will be bad.
They’ll let you ride in 4 weeks? It’s always been 6 weeks minimum for every bone I’ve broken.

Does your collarbone have much crossover? As in has it foreshortened much? A week in, it is set, so how it is now, is how it will be. And yes, take care, you can still rebreak it. I know.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wet weekend in Perth, but the young fella was keen on trying a new bmx track so we hit Hills for some rainy laps. I walked most of the track to check it was draining alright and was surprised how well it was holding up.

First corner was the only one I didn't scout and wasn't quite as well drained as the rest. The young fella figured he could just ride through it, but his determination wasn't enough to beat the depth of inundation. This photo is post recovery mission to get him out. To his credit, he kept riding despite being soaked.

Not sure the $50 bmx will enjoy the dip.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
They’ll let you ride in 4 weeks? It’s always been 6 weeks minimum for every bone I’ve broken.

Does your collarbone have much crossover? As in has it foreshortened much? A week in, it is set, so how it is now, is how it will be. And yes, take care, you can still rebreak it. I know.
They say I could technically ride in 4, but they’re not letting me ride for 8.

clean break in the middle, so it stayed in position. I’ve been super careful with the sling and it should be fine. Still all hurts. A lot...

re breaking anything sounds horrific...

BT180

Max Pfaff
First ride in 6-weeks since the crash. Took things very slowly, but felt so good to be out again. Also noticed the new C1 airspring I put in in the fork as it definitely seemed to be riding higher in its travel. Proper test will be on some nice steep, chunky terrain soon.

And after all these years, I've finally made my life easier with a repair stand. No more balancing acts and ropes strung up from the ceiling! Scored this older model stand, but was still brand new, unopened in the box.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
They say I could technically ride in 4, but they’re not letting me ride for 8.

clean break in the middle, so it stayed in position. I’ve been super careful with the sling and it should be fine. Still all hurts. A lot...

re breaking anything sounds horrific...
Yep, good job, stay super careful with the sling. I wasn't with my first one and got slack with the sling, and re broke it. Most pain I've ever felt, right up there with a shoulder subluxation.