What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
That pump track looks cool. It looks modular? Wonder if they are easy for councils to come by?
Oh that's funny..as if any councils around our way are going to spend money on things for people to have fun on!...C'mon kids, lets get on the light rail, it'll be fun - Weeeeeeeeee!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh that's funny..as if any councils around our way are going to spend money on things for people to have fun on!...C'mon kids, lets get on the light rail, it'll be fun - Weeeeeeeeee!
Oh I know...but it doesn't hurt to dream. Such. Tight fisted bunch of jerks. Could be a good idea for NPWS to consider for a certain local ride area as an easy install for kids/skills area near the entry.

Going private? Public won't fix the clavicle. Not in QLD anyway...
Your state sounds shit. Always been fixed here in the public system no worries and excellent outcomes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
AB Big4 was one of the first to get one of those Pumptracks. Quiet a few other have them now.

The guy who brought them to Aus is from SA, not cheap... around 80k for the black wooden layouts IIRC.

https://modularpumptrack.com.au/track-gallery/
Would be curious how the expense compares to the alternative in professional construction?

A wise council could just roster some of their road gang team on to make up the parts. Or is this a special voodoo concrete that regular concrete makers can't manipulate? Is I held together by glue? The pole of concrete...

TM2

Likes Bikes
AB Big4 was one of the first to get one of those Pumptracks. Quiet a few other have them now.

The guy who brought them to Aus is from SA, not cheap... around 80k for the black wooden layouts IIRC.

https://modularpumptrack.com.au/track-gallery/
I used to(20 years ago) work for a mob doing playgrounds for council's and McDonald's, even back then $80k didn't go to far. A pump track for that amount probably looks quite cheap to a council official

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Would be curious how the expense compares to the alternative in professional construction?

A wise council could just roster some of their road gang team on to make up the parts. Or is this a special voodoo concrete that regular concrete makers can't manipulate? Is I held together by glue? The pole of concrete...
Dunno, 80k was the price for a standard wooden setup about ~4-5 years ago... probably a lot more now.

Bloody solid and heavy construction, each section was a good 4 man lift.

You would think the concrete versions would be pretty similar to the skatepark concrete.

I've never had a go or even seen a concrete modular track myself, but if you had the moulds and the special voodoo concrete mixed with gipsy tears... looks like it can be stuck down with no nails ;)

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I used to(20 years ago) work for a mob doing playgrounds for council's and McDonald's, even back then $80k didn't go to far. A pump track for that amount probably looks quite cheap to a council official
Definitely agree, 80k goes nowhere !

After the Fat Tyre Festival about 5 years ago, they moved the Modular Pump Track from the main street to the Melrose Tennis courts about 75m away, it stayed there for a few months. It was a massive hit and while I don't know what actually went on behind the scenes to keep it there, I'm sure they tried... though 80k would have went a long way on the dirt trails built by vollies.

TM2

Likes Bikes
Definitely agree, 80k goes nowhere !

After the Fat Tyre Festival about 5 years ago, they moved the Modular Pump Track from the main street to the Melrose Tennis courts about 75m away, it stayed there for a few months. It was a massive hit and while I don't know what actually went on behind the scenes to keep it there, I'm sure they tried... though 80k would have went a long way on the dirt trails built by vollies.
80k of permits and approvals, materials and labor free