What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tobbogonist

a registered member
Years ago used to work at a climbing gym and 5 10 shoes where the go to. Climbed the organ pipes at Mt Wellington above Hobart in a pair of 5 10s, not saying they helped me but they didn't get in the way. When I moved to mtb I stayed with the brand. Never let me down. Havn't tried a size 13 pair though would be a bit roomy being i'm only a size 9.
I really have nothing to offer to this conversation.
Just got home after a few beers and am in that annoying zone where sleep aint happening but i don't have the concentration for anything else. I typed this post out about five times, revising for spelling mistakes etc and have now forgotten what i was attempting to discuss. Both my bikes have pedals and i have shoes. I think that was it. Day off tomorrow, i will go for a ride.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ah fucker. Hope the heads not too bad.

Atleast you minimised damage by landing in your head. Could’ve been worse.

Jpez

Down on the left!
More local laps. I am sick of riding the same few kms every weekend :)
Chilly this morning as well
Hearing you loud and clear mate. It’s getting harder trying to make a ride for the sake of a ride even remotely interesting. “Oh maybe I’ll go left instead of right at that street today...”.
also getting harder to open up the legs on the bike paths with all the walkers drawn out by the warmer weather.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hearing you loud and clear mate. It’s getting harder trying to make a ride for the sake of a ride even remotely interesting. “Oh maybe I’ll go left instead of right at that street today...”.
also getting harder to open up the legs on the bike paths with all the walkers drawn out by the warmer weather.
I'm completely skipping the paths due to increased foot/bike traffic.
The lack of cars is a nice change though. Feels a lot safer while rolling around

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Another Wises/Winifred loop with Derek & managed to bin it on a fast fire road descent - ended up with a gashed arm & mild concussion:

Still had a great ride.

Bike’s ok, aside from a cosmetically mangled brake lever.
did you try to "Huck to flat" off that massive rock in the foreground?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
General maintenance on the Transition. New chain for the gravel bike - switched to a Wippermann and found the old KMC chain had 4 quick links in it haha.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Shit is pretty stocky though.

5:10s are as overpriced as they are overrated. Just rode more and get used to things, and put the bigger pins in. Your Shimano shoes should work just fine. Roll the savings over into something better.
All the top end shoes are around the same price range, I'm looking at the ride concepts next.
This is why I don't buy cheap shoes with little grip and the pins wound out all the way.
I'm not wearing those silly soccer shin pad protectors either in the Qld heat.