What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Check your bottle cage nut-serts... Just got a warranty possibility from #1 sons bike, the lose nut-sert has cracked the hydroformed alu, been making a noise for a few months apparently.

Dropping down tomorrow to the warranty bloke :oops:
I can actually feel the clunk through both pedal axles, it's like they're not wound all the way in (they are).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Stand up, freewheel.. bounce the suspension. Noise...

Sit down, hands off bars, bounce the suspension. Noise..

Feet off pedals, bounce suspension. Noise...

Take bottle out of cage, bounce suspension. Noise...

Hold cables, make sure they are not the issue.

Bounce lightly. Noise... may be suspension linkages or bearings.

If at any point for example, feet off pedals... means there is an issue with BB, Pedals, Chainring, chainring bolts... eliminate the issue in stages.

Its not really that hard... but fucking annoying.

I'm a silent bike bloke.

HamboCairns

Stand up, freewheel.. bounce the suspension. Noise...

Sit down, hands off bars, bounce the suspension. Noise..

Feet off pedals, bounce suspension. Noise...

Take bottle out of cage, bounce suspension. Noise...

Hold cables, make sure they are not the issue.

Bounce lightly. Noise... may be suspension linkages or bearings.

If at any point for example, feet off pedals... means there is an issue with BB, Pedals, Chainring, chainring bolts... eliminate the issue in stages.

Its not really that hard... but fucking annoying.

I'm a silent bike bloke.
I can literally feel the clunk through the pedals, it's not a noise.

HamboCairns

Freehub maybe?
Hope not... It really does feel like it's coming from the pedal spindles rather (not at the same time) rather than being transferred from the rear of the bike.

Everything was fine until I took off the pedals to apply some grease!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hope not... It really does feel like it's coming from the pedal spindles rather (not at the same time) rather than being transferred from the rear of the bike.

If there's no obvious excess movement in the crank or pedals when you load them up and down with your hands, most likely elsewhere. Check all the basics like the rear skewer, the BB and the cassette retaining nut is still tight. Surely if you've cross threaded the pedals you'd feel the wonkiness on your feet when you pedalled the bike.

Rear hubs do give a strange sensation on the pedals when they start to go, it's usually more noticeable when you slightly load the pedals on flat road and the pawls on the hub engage and slightly disengage.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Of course it feels like it's coming through the pedals...they are connected to your feet! It is exactly where the feeling is transfering to your body from the bike.

Is your cassette tight? Chain line good? Crank tight? Chainring tight? Is the pedal body tight to the axle?

Of course there is every chance that you have totally fucked the pedal thread by putting the pedals on the wrong side. This happened to a friend of mine when we were in grade 6. He had a very fancy freestyle BMX and somebody stole it. But the police got it back for him. The thief had swapped out the good spiky pedals for shitty plastics and on the process put them on back to front. Those shit pedals were stuck in there so hard!

HamboCairns

Of course it feels like it's coming through the pedals...they are connected to your feet! It is exactly where the feeling is transfering to your body from the bike.

Is your cassette tight? Chain line good? Crank tight? Chainring tight? Is the pedal body tight to the axle?

Of course there is every chance that you have totally fucked the pedal thread by putting the pedals on the wrong side. This happened to a friend of mine when we were in grade 6. He had a very fancy freestyle BMX and somebody stole it. But the police got it back for him. The thief had swapped out the good spiky pedals for shitty plastics and on the process put them on back to front. Those shit pedals were stuck in there so hard!
No both sets of pedals were 100% put on the right sides!

I'll have to check the whole drivetrain I suspect. Ugh.