What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got "local legend" for a local segment on Strava. Bar was ultra low though 22 efforts in 90 days. Lol

Have a feeling I'll be able to maintain that for some time
I somehow got local legend for a segment during 1 lap of Lysterfield park on Sunday (probably the most popular MTB spot in VIC).
I hadn't been there since Feb! Might have some bug's in their system lol.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Strava have a new feature called Lunchbox Legend - all you need to do is check the box to let everyone know.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I picked up a few of those local legend things while riding around my lockdown bubble. It’s not like you’re particularly good at anything, it’s like they were trying to tell me to get out and ride something different
Yep
But any badge on Strava is motivating

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Got the 75mm NOS Azonic stem for the 'goose and took it for a spin today. Obligatory beer and crit roadies shot.

Two weeks ago I was winding up my riding group on FB messenger about only being 2 seconds slower than Tom on Breakout on 'goose and blaming the 50mm stem. Posted on Retro MTB for a swap/WTB 75mm, and Tom decided to wind me up.

Last two fast ones on the Bronson felt very fast and I was ripped off by early start and one didn't even register the segment so my PR is getting smashed next time for sure if I don't have any weirdness, as I'm definitely going way faster than I did on the 'goose today. Still stoked with the effort on a 20+ year old bike. I'm gonna rest it until I find someone to come out on their retro rig with me.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Linga Longa yesty in a private group booking, up late sorting out bike after making dinner for the tribe. The front wheel from my Primal had been leaking at the valve stem and my attempt to seal it didn't work. It occurred to me that it must be air leaking past the rim tape. It's a Sun Ringle Duroc 40mm and I can't recall if I put the supplied tape on or it came like that from cyclingdeal, anyhoo I noticed a little line in the tape over one of the spoke holes, the tape is dimpled in from pressure on all of them but this one had a hairline split. So the air was escaping through there and the external side of the valve hole. Cool, replaced it with Gorilla tape and still had 50psi in the morning. While I was at it i might as well turn the rear tyre around the right way.
Wanted to try the 2.5 Assegai on my Fuel EX, but the trail conditions were so different from previous times it wasn't a good comparison. The extra volume of the 2.5WT/40mm rim combo certainly didn't hurt. Nice having wheels on another bike that are 100% compatible.

Got to LL and the trails are pretty torn up after 500 WAGE riders shredded the joint last weekend. Hadn't ridden for about 8 weeks and not at LL since September '19 and found myself struggling at times with the front wheel hanging up on the many rocks that have 'grown' now the soil around them has been worn away. Didn't do any pedal strikes though. Except the one on the back of my calf when my foot slipped off the pedal landing from a 1m drop, didn't keep my heels down properly. Was a real OH SHIT moment, going pretty fast but managed to keep it all together and get back on the pedal and not eat dirt. Not much blood from the pedal pin punctures, but quite bruised today.

Not riding much lately really detracted from my ride yesterday, had to pedal a bit through several sections where I would normally carry much more speed and get some air. Got leg cramps around midday and decided to retire before I binned it properly, have to go back to work tomorrow.

During the COVID restrictions the LL crew has been busy putting in some new, bigger features - way out of my league but a couple of the blokes in the group of 11 had the skill and balls to send it, and the huuuge step up/gap jump just after (not yet built in the vid below)

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Sorted a set of new Bomber Z2s for my bike locally for a good price. Waiting for the right size damper to get sent over, which is fine as I'm waiting for my compatible wheelset to get delivered anyway.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was just talking about this fork here https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/found-120mm-forks.318333/page-2#post-3370239

Part of one of the decals was missing, so a few days ago, a new $20 decal kit arrived from AliExpress. I liked the look of the new 34 decals and though the orange would match the frame decals.

Problem is, its a 2018 34 Rhythm and now its got 2021 34 Factory Step-cast decals.

So watch out for this fork on bakebook marketplace after Chrissy, a Faux 34 Faketory fork with special black Kashima, covid taxed up for for the noobs at $800 :p