What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rockwell is probably the easiest, but it's also the longest.

You could go up the fire road next to Cressy, which is probably the quickest, but it's a hard slog. Or there's the climb up trail, which is hard to even walk.
I'm a fan of climbing Rockwell because I have this 'you're on a mountain bike, ride single track' disorder, but it is time consuming, especially on multiple laps where it also gets boring. Plus, that fire road can EAD...
You can climb Lactic, it's still a two way trail as far as I know.

mtb1611

Seymour
Good lap out at Camden with a couple of mates, trail was in tip top condition. First crash on the Stumpy, rider error most definitely to blame; clipped a tree at speed and was sent flying into the undergrowth, bit of claret but nothing to write home about. Still, as always, a great ride.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Finally made it out to Silvan after missing out on the Rotorburners ride there. Took the NS Eccentric out there with some meaty rubber on.
Some seriously fun little tracks there. Also some brutal climbs. Only did about 24km but managed almost 900m elevation.

Jpez

Down on the left!
True, but I know I come down it pretty fast and wouldn't want to be slogging up a section when someone was coming down at a similar speed.

I still say a new climbing trail that starts near the bottom of lactic and comes out near Bandages is needed
IMO lactic should be one way. I know this discussion has been had before but the amount of near misses I’ve had on lactic with people climbing up head down is ridiculous. With the improvements came heaps more speed. Lactic is one of my favourites and I absolutely haul down there.
I wouldn’t climb it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
True, but I know I come down it pretty fast and wouldn't want to be slogging up a section when someone was coming down at a similar speed.

I still say a new climbing trail that starts near the bottom of lactic and comes out near Bandages is needed
A lot of things are needed at Youis including general maintenance. If they can’t even fix up degraded lips on jumps for whatever red tape reason I can’t see an entire new climbing trail built unfortunately.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
IMO lactic should be one way. I know this discussion has been had before but the amount of near misses I’ve had on lactic with people climbing up head down is ridiculous. With the improvements came heaps more speed. Lactic is one of my favourites and I absolutely haul down there.
I wouldn’t climb it.
Yeah I'm of the view that anything thats popular going down, ima stay away from riding up

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
So you're not at work for 11 days and you arent riding on each one of them? What? Or is it in the living room for easy access? In which case makes total sense.
Haha I'm in The Whitsundays for 11 days. I'll ride when I get back. I didn't want to leave my bike in the carport.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Had our work Christmas function yesterday (didn't see that one happening a few months ago...), so it took a bit of time to "find motivation" to get out for a ride today - especially with the warmth. Ended up just going for a 50min blast round my local creek path on the XC bike. Saw a blue-tongue (even got a longue-lashing for passing too close, haha) and a whopping great big coy fish in the local creek. I know they're not meant to be there but an 80cm(ish) white and orange coy is still an impressive sight. Good way to round out the weekend even though I never quite made it to the real trails...

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Went for a quick two lap blat at Wylde. Needed a ride before the rain messes up the rest of the weeks riding plans.

The cageless bottle holder experiment is over. I think the mounts must have worn a little bit and I lost it three times till I gave up and put it in my wanker waist pack. Back to a bidon or backpack.

Developed a little play in rear pivot and hubs after messing around on smallish jumps. Spent the afternoon sorting it out.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk