What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
View attachment 370474
second ride with the Minion SS - wish I’d got one earlier, so good for dry Canberra trails.
how are the trails holding up, I"m heading down on Friday, don't know which bike to bring..
If you have had heaps of rain, will just bring the Pump track bike!...but so keen to get into some trail action out at Majura without the family tagging along!~

danncam

Likes Dirt

Ordered some bike bells back in lockdown (B.D. - before donuts). Mainly for my wife who wants one for her bike when she rides on shared walking trails nearby. Thought I'd chuck one on the roadie, and onto the mtb, will be useful at places like Lystie.
I'm assuming this gets me the superdork award, but I have already put a farting unicorn sticker on the bike so just continuing on

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
how are the trails holding up, I"m heading down on Friday, don't know which bike to bring..
If you have had heaps of rain, will just bring the Pump track bike!...but so keen to get into some trail action out at Majura without the family tagging along!~
It was perfect yesterday but theres a bit of rain now- Im actually out of town so not sure how it will drain. Majura normally say when its too wet

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Went out with the single speed crew that @Litenbror and @SummitFever ride with for a Xmas evening ride featuring beers, chips, a shot of Wild Turkey and lots of shit talking on top of the Majura/Ainslie saddle at dusk, great bunch of guys. Took the Jackaroo which everyone loved, was an absolute hoot chasing @Litenbror down from the top on the fire trail with bar mounted commuter light and the saddle at full height, those old cantis still pull up, but only if you give them two fingers.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Fettled.
Put on some new riser bars and shorter stem to make it more of a trail bike
Also removed the front derailleur and removed the 22 teeth chainring (and took a chunk out of my finger in the process) and added a chain guide.

Still need to put my new forks on but need a shock pump so couldn’t be bothered swapping wheels.

First time I’ve pulled a crank and suspect I’ll need to again soon as I don’t think I did the bolts up on the chain guide enough

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Went over it with a torque wrench to make sure everything was in spec. Previous owner had torqued the living daylights out of it, comfortably 3x the recommended specs.

Only one of them let go easily....

View attachment 368081

So now my ability to go riding anytime soon relies on either the local distributor having spares, or a machine shop being kind enough to make me a new one. :(
2 and bit months later, after a replacement was sent to the wrong address, finally turned up and was the wrong bolt, and then advice came in that the bolt I needed was out of stock in the country (and possibly world wide) - I received a text message from the local bike shop this morning informing me that my bolt has arrived.
I’m not sure if I can bring myself to believe it.