What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
My chain dropped off the biggest rear cog and between the cassette and wheel.

Does that mean I need to adjust my derailleur? Any idea what I'd need to adjust and how? Video?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
My chain dropped off the biggest rear cog and between the cassette and wheel.

Does that mean I need to adjust my derailleur? Any idea what I'd need to adjust and how? Video?
It means you put the dork spoke protection disc back on your bike.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Is there a difference in saying that, or I took the hardtail / dually?
Hmm, fair question.

In a literal answer to your question, no. When fitness commentary regarding bike vs. eBike gets brought into the post is generally where it crosses a line for me.

I think the concept of eBikes and their good and bad effects on fitness is an interesting topic, I'd just prefer it stayed over here:

Get what you're saying though.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Not my bike was the wife's.
Her bike began to creak on Sunday so did a quick bolt check and found she had snapped the main alloy pivot bolt.
So today I got to learn how to use a bolt extraction tool. So after my initial concerns and also purchasing and using some Loctite freeze spray it came out without any tears on my part. Just have to wait for Trek to send the new bolt now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don't record my e-bike rides on Strava, it has an odometer.

Rode Stromlo with @Litenbror on Sunday, and have been chasing my Mrs on my (self propelled) commuter when she rides her e-bike to work and looping back to work from home, getting a nice fairly flat 20km loop in a couple of times a week. Must PYR the commuter.

My funky black wax arrived yesterday, and I'd been slack and not got onto ordering the quick link pliers, and also noticed a fair amount of noise from the cassette under load on my Sunday ride, the new (400km old now, been riding way too much) chain is not agreeing with it.

$388 later my Pushys order is on the way including XT cassette, new chainring in matchy green, pliers, air shot (need to return the borrowed one to old mate), bell for Mrs (self propelled) bike, chain checker, tube and quick link for the commuter.

I think the chain checker was the most essential item, I had just under 2000km on the last chain due to never checking it and when I got the new spring in the fork and Works headset installed the mechanic told me it was trashed.