What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode some Redhill. Sue dropped me off at the chair lift at the top, and I made my way to McCrae. Very nice. Got to Rock Salt, which I struggle with these days, and saw the sign about the new green Wonga two way (climbing) trail. So rode that. It was fun, quite flowy in spots. Totally smooth, so I might be able to convince Sue to ride here again. She just needs to conquer some knarly Wombat bits, and I won’t have to go solo. Anyway, it was a late evening ride, so it was serene and fantastic to be out.

moorey

call me Mia
New Ugga dugga tyres.
Checked and serviced pivots.
New cable.
New pads.
Bled brakes.
Refitted the tyre I fitted backwards, worrying too much about being flamed if valves weren’t aligned.

Must be race time!

First race this weekend in 10 months. (Thanks Obama, err, covid)
First race in u17.
First race in the new steed. Felix will try to do the ORBO crew proud, @russthedog.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
What is going on with your brake levers?
When he is going OTB he likes to make 1 more quick grab at the brakes

Ok I'll bite - What's wrong with them?
He is referring to how rotated forward they are - they appear to be almost under the bars - I am sure they are comfortable for you but it wouldn't be the normal for most people - I think its the angle of the bike making it look worse than it is

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
When he is going OTB he likes to make 1 more quick grab at the brakes

He is referring to how rotated forward they are - they appear to be almost under the bars - I am sure they are comfortable for you but it wouldn't be the normal for most people - I think its the angle of the bike making it look worse than it is
Ah ok, don't forget I'm 195cm tall so I'm quite upright most of the time.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I would trade at least some brake lever comfort while pedalling seated for brake lever comfort in the attack position.

No wonder you weren't feeling confident on that steep bit.