What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Finished Nightshift this morning, had a sleep, its pissing down outside which is very welcome... wheel build time.

Nextie 35mm AM 29's
DT 350 boost CL hubs with microspline driver
DT Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes (2 x 32)
DT 12mm brass black nipples

Total weight was 947r + 832f = 1779g

I believe this is the first wheelset I have built with round Competition spokes, so easy to tension and true.

View attachment 372097

View attachment 372098

View attachment 372099

View attachment 372100
Why is that spoke over and not under the other spoke?

Minlak

custom titis
So did ParkRun - My first full 5km run in 12 mths - Then spent the day trying to find another frame to replace the one I am sure is about to be lost in freight - Actually thinking of getting a Chinese carbon frame and building that up - can pay with PayPal - but long wait time - seems to have the spacing and specs I want - Did find the Trek Superfly frames are a good price point but seem to be out of stock until 2022 - they look the goods though would be happy to find a large in that.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Before COVID I cracked a rim on a gap jump out at Eatons. Finally had a chance to get out there again last week for a proper ride and balked at hitting it.
Thanks to @the drizzle and azza for sending it for me and showing me how easy it it.
Came back this week and nailed it. Had an awesome ride on hero dirt out there and had my first run down Shit Tickets. What a great trail. Can’t wait to get back and session it

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'll chuck up a For Sale thread later listing what's there. Aiming to sell as a couple of drivelines, then what's leftover afterwards...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Too wet to ride today, so got around to doing a few things:

first, put up some bike hooks and got them off the floor:

Second, got the Stromlo dust out of the free hub:

Third, thought my rear brake was completely contaminated given all the noises it was making when I went to take it out last weekend, went to take the brakes off and found this:

Anyone ever had that happen before? Tiny stone prevent the brake pads to move all the way in, resulting in horrible screams and shudders from the brake... at least a good clean and reset should make them ok now

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Speaking of contaminated breaks. Certainly did a number on m i ne last time I cleaned my drive train. Was not being careful at all. Striped them out and cleaned them and the rotors this arvo. Back to stopping on a dime