What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am sure everyone heard Yoann talk about the grim donut project and how companies should make bikes specifically for pros.

Bike companies need to sell bikes, so they can’t be too radical with setups or too specific either

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am sure everyone heard Yoann talk about the grim donut project and how companies should make bikes specifically for pros.

Bike companies need to sell bikes, so they can’t be too radical with setups or too specific either
Pretty sure there has been a few big brands that have had bikes only available to their pros. Haro dh team on their intense frames springs to mind. I'm also pretty sure that huffy even had pro bmx bikes when all they sold were Kmart shitters.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Amazing there's a market for this stuff and there's so many bike that can apparently be improved. I guess frames are just like suspension - there's a tune to suite the masses but there's also room for the tinkerer to improve things to their taste.

Definitely a horses for courses rather than an generic "improvement", they make it pretty clear that the linkages are designed for a specific purpose. I am certainly looking forward to ride report though!

"We have developed a range of linkages that cater to aggressive riding in rough terrain by delivering more traction and more bottom out resistance. If you ride for the downs, look no further! "

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Look forward to your thoughts on the Cascade link. I know over on MTBR a few Druid owners have sent theirs back as cannot fit shocks as it fouls on the link. Looks like they got yours right!

k3n!f

leaking out the other end

Back to back days riding at Thredbo. I used to come up here pretty regularly, but haven't been since moving to Melbourne 4 years ago.

The All Mountain and Ricochet tracks were closed after the recent snow, but the weather was spectacular for bombing down the Flow track. I'm pretty slow in my old (wise) age, but still had a stupid grin the entire time.

I managed 10 runs each day, really only stopping because my brakes were stuffed. They are Shimano XTR M9000's from 2016(?) that have about 16,000km in them. I can get a really good bleed, then after a long day riding (like a shuttle day or 50-100km race) by then end of the ride they are pulling back to the bars. After the Shifty Fifty in Buxton the lever pulled so far back to the bar it wore a hole in the middle finger on each hand. I can reset it taking the wheel out and squeezing the lever to move the pistons back out, then top up the fluid in the lever and still have a great firm feel. I'm not sure if the pistons are not moving freely, or if the system is loosing oil volume somewhere.

Either way, Trickstuff Piccola brakes sound like the only plausible solution to this problem.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I was very keen as well until I watched review saying the bike should have a rider weight limit.. It’s flexy under fat..
Interesting, I hadn't read that - I wonder if it's the lightweight build with the SID suspension contributing.

I would quite like a poppy lightweight dually to slot between the Highlander and the Paradox. Ibis Mojo also appeals.

Mind you I haven't ridden the Paradox yet with the wheelset languishing at Frankfurt airport so I'll probably change my mind in five minutes.