What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I haven't been to Smithfield in over seven years, from memory those climbs are some of the steepest I've ridden, well done Hambo. We covered this over a week which included a few shuttles of the World Cup track.

EDIT: Looks like a lot of climbs missing from that data, back then I think that I was only interested in recording the race runs in case there was a dispute with the event timing.

View attachment 379318
I'm not sure some of those climbs existed 7 years ago...

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm not sure some of those climbs existed 7 years ago...
We raced the final round of the first National Gravity Enduro Series in Cairns 2014, this was before MTBA stepped in and claimed it from Rocky trail and Alpine Gravity, I distinctly remember hauling my ass up that fucking concrete driveway several times over the week we stayed there. I'm not all that familiar with the local tracks but I definitely remember racing
  • the first part of the WC downhill to just before the rock garden where we peeled off to the left down to a water tank
  • last part of the WC downhill just after the whoops section
  • something down the side of the cliff near Croc's teeth on the WC cross-country EDIT: Rocky Dingo?
  • the old Nationals DH
No idea what climbs we did now, mostly fire road grovels, but I do recall it was rather hurtful.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Missed a ride yesterday. Was under the pump today and pushed out my fastest ever average speed for this loop. Wouldn’t say I gave it everything either, just pushed on. Might have to give it a redhot tomorrow if it’s dry and see what I can do.
For me the fast rides against the clock are always ones I didn't notice while out on the trail. Then when I go and try and push it deliberately I'm often disappointed. You've been training a bit though, will be interesting to see what happens.

moorey

call me Mia
For me the fast rides against the clock are always ones I didn't notice while out on the trail. Then when I go and try and push it deliberately I'm often disappointed. You've been training a bit though, will be interesting to see what happens.
True. Some days just work without trying.

I had steam to blow off as well. I honestly can’t do my job effectively WFT, yet they keep paying me, and I spend an inordinate amount of my time lately waiting for meetings to start, then be canceled last minute, leaving me forcing myself to find something to do to justify my job (at least to myself). I’ve developed a solid case of imposter syndrome over the last 18 months. The last few days have been some of the most tedious of my life. It sounds like a first world problem, and it is compared to many currently. I used to like WFH and just accepted I couldn’t do much more, and was enjoying the ride. Now I’m just over it.
Sorry, I digress….fast ride tomorrow. I might take a leave day. I was scheduled to spend all day visiting clients, but lockdown fucked that. Kids have a school free day, weather looks nice, might just enjoy it ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can't wait for the cover artwork for the double album, Chopping the Dog, Walking the Wood.
I've got my hands on an early release. There is a wierd 9 minute secret track on the end of it. It seems to be one long 9 minutes of silence...track name is vegan fart.