What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Perfect commute this morning. Got every green light, passed a roadie, nailed the stair drop and hit the platform just as the first train of the day rolled up.

With mtbing a thing again the On One is back doing workhorse duties. Must admit I prefer the dually; fuck expansion cracks and minor road imperfections. The stairs hurt too.

View attachment 380511
Called the perfect commute too early it seems…

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Temptation creek fireroad climbs can eat a bagfull.
Eapecially if it’s towards the Grays point end.
Ugh. So true. They get pretty bad at times - then NPWS will send a grader down and they get easier for a few months. Downhill isn't much better on the fire roads - gets pretty sketchy cornering at any sort of speed on the loose sandstone baby heads.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck me! These bloody things are never an easy "ping!" and it's off. How good are the split versions? So much better...that's how good!

Anyone think there will be an issue if I cut a slit in this big fat 1.5 to 1 1/8 reducer? It's out of a fairly robust headset from a dh frame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dooo eeeet!

As long as sealed bearing.
I can't believe loose bearing headsets still exist. But then I think of Shimano hubs...

Ok so that is 1 for cut it! Any other thoughts? I think we all know where I'm headed with this...otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

moorey

call me Mia
I can't believe loose bearing headsets still exist. But then I think of Shimano hubs...

Ok so that is 1 for cut it! Any other thoughts? I think we all know where I'm headed with this...otherwise I wouldn't have asked.
It’s been discussed and done on here numerous times.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Work had been getting in the way of my lifestyle for a bit too long lately.

Serviced the forks and shock and given Big Blue a bit of annual maintenance love. Goes quite well and quiet.

Back at the original local I used to ride before the other local which is also known as the local.

20210922_135354.jpg