What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Saturday I got the map of Mt Wellington out. We live near the park, and out street shows on the map. So using a compass I drew a 5 km circle from our street to plan Sunday's ride. Well, the whole ride we had originally planned was inside the circle. So we rode up through the park eventually making our way to the Telstra tower on Chimney Pot Hill.
View attachment 381800
Bikes enjoying a well earned rest next to shelter.
We made our way back down through Waterworks and to South Hobart. We thought we would check out a route we had seen on Trailforks to see if it could be used as an alternative for Yvonne's commute home. Unfortunately, the route took us through the tip; full of stinking mud and dampness. We made our way home with disgustingly dirty bikes. I thought I may have to wash them on caustic soda but hot soapy water did the job.
Still, overall, a good ride and great to be out.
A few stats just by staying inside our 5 km circle.View attachment 381801
Am so looking forward to these being my local trails next year!

Reactions: PJO

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 381707
Chucked it on last night. Running a new KMC chain and old Sram GX derailleur and I must say I’m pretty happy. Took minimal tuning to get it running smoothly. Literally 2 clicks of cable tension. Maybe a tad noisy but I think I’m only noticing it because @moorey mentioned it. I might even be making it up. Overall stoked for a $200 cassette that is as light as my new generation e13 superbucks cassette, runs nicely and looks good too!

#mooreysskillsareslipping ;)
Any more ride updates on this 9-46 guy @Jpez?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Any more ride updates on this 9-46 guy @Jpez?
Yeah took it for a 73km bike path/gravel/muddy single track ride on Sunday and it performed great. As good as any GX 11sp cassette I’ve had. Well worth $200 I reckon. Longevity is the only question mark really.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Was convinced that Fox 34s were just meant to have horrible small bump sensitivity and just harsh in general after trying volumes spacers, DSD Runt, and every combination of pressures and rebound. Never had an issue with 32s or SIDs, then the other week I tried out a friend's bike and was blown away by how good his forks felt. Had a bit of time this afternoon so I decided to look into it and found some YouTube videos talking about the negative air chamber, I've done lots of lower leg services so figured I'd try servvicing the air spring.

Fox must go through quite a bit of grease given what I found.
View attachment 381780

I'm guessing this was stopping it from equalising as well as taking up space in the negative air spring, so cleaned it up, put a lot less grease on then reassembled and the difference is amazing.
That amount of grease, while unnecessary, is unlikely to block the equalisation port/dimple provided once aired up you cycle the fork from full top out to further into the travel and back again.

It will, however, decrease volume in the negative chamber and this will reduce the small bump compliance.