What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I had a hand made Italian Zullo custom bike in the workshop the other day. Made from 953 Reynolds...
Had two cracks. One along the top of the seat tube/headset join and the other along the top of the downtube/headtube join.
Me thinks it had been front ended???
Carbon steerer was suspect too, as were the carbon handlebars.
A very expensive trip the workshop that turned out to be for the poor customer....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm moving soon so those shelves aren't getting touched till I order a skip. I'll "organise" them then :D
Get some Chi-dexion rip off racking, its great shit for storage and bench solutions.

No doubt someone is selling it in every state.

I have 7 spans of it including my work bench. Fckn 2 of them in the storage area are full of boxes her Christmas decorations :mad:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Get some Chi-dexion rip off racking, its great shit for storage and bench solutions.

No doubt someone is selling it in every state.

I have 7 spans of it including my work bench. Fckn 2 of them in the storage area are full of boxes her Christmas decorations :mad:

New garage is getting this in one combo or another
Screenshot_20211021-185427_Chrome.jpg

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I have 7 spans of it including my work bench.
How's the racking workbench go? I've been considering it, but not sure how good it'll be. Does it come off as a rack posing as a makeshift bench? Or go alright?
Also considering just doing a wood one like you see everywhere with 4x4 legs and 2x4 stringers etc. But the racking might still be good for shelves.

ozzybmx

How's the racking workbench go? I've been considering it, but not sure how good it'll be. Does it come off as a rack posing as a makeshift bench? Or go alright?
Also considering just doing a wood one like you see everywhere with 4x4 legs and 2x4 stringers etc. But the racking might still be good for shelves.
Mine is the 800mm deep bench but all my racking is 600mm deep.

Grab a sheet of form-ply from bunnings and put it on top of the shit metal. This is waterproof/sealant proof/brake fluid proof and wipes clean.

Took a pic for you 5 mins ago when I went down to grab another 6 pack. Ahhhh... there's the tomato sauce :D just informed the missus where it is.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It gave me a headache just looking at it knowing I have 5 times the mess here.
You dont want to see my shed... I literally have bought three new cage trailers (and ill keep one) to move to tassie and I'm not sure its going to be enough :(

(the cost of putting the trailer on the boat and being able to sell the trailer in tassie for more than I bought it for in Melbourne means its not worth bringing back an empty trailer for a second load)

I'm looking forward to having a shed space I actually own and can justify putting in a decent bench and storage!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@Haakon are you in Canberra or Melbourne ?

How do you get the trailers down to the boat ?
Fax

As long as a bench has sturdy legs it is the top that matters. My main bench is 50x50 shs with recycled Oregon scaffold planks on top. Wood clamp grooves and holes. Covered by some 0.9 stucco Ali for most works. I need a welding bench, something I can weld dogs to rather than have bits clamped with wood cramps and floating around as you tack them. Got enough box and some plate but it is useless for anything else...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
@Haakon are you in Canberra or Melbourne ?

How do you get the trailers down to the boat ?
On the back of the Alfa and the Megane. In Canberra - but get trailers in Melbourne on my next trip down soon hopefully. Will bring two back to Canberra at once with one on top of the other! They're expensive in Canberra too...

Flow-Rider

Burner
You dont want to see my shed... I literally have bought three new cage trailers (and ill keep one) to move to tassie and I'm not sure its going to be enough :(

(the cost of putting the trailer on the boat and being able to sell the trailer in tassie for more than I bought it for in Melbourne means its not worth bringing back an empty trailer for a second load)

I'm looking forward to having a shed space I actually own and can justify putting in a decent bench and storage!
Is it any cheaper getting a 40ft container delivered?

ozzybmx

As long as a bench has sturdy legs it is the top that matters.
The Chexion work benches come with metal fill in panels... great for shelving but wouldnt want it as a work bench, throw a sheet of form ply on top and you have something to bolt the vice too.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Is it any cheaper getting a 40ft container delivered?
Yeah. The cars are going down anyway, and the trailers pay for themselves. And I need to be coming back and forth from Canberra pretty regularly for the first 6 months anyway - which just sounds like great excuses for stopping off at Derby and Mt Buller and Harcourt a lot on my way through :)

Any removals companies charge megabucks because of that whole Bass Straight thing....

ozzybmx

Yeah. The cars are going down anyway, and the trailers pay for themselves. And I need to be coming back and forth from Canberra pretty regularly for the first 6 months anyway - which just sounds like great excuses for stopping off at Derby and Mt Buller and Harcourt a lot on my way through :)

Any removals companies charge megabucks because of that whole Bass Straight thing....
Its an expensive stretch of water to take a trailer/caravan.

Worth thinking about selling stuff and flying rather than time driving and boat prices for trailer.

We did AirBnB's on our last Tassie trip, factoring in destinations, fuel from SA to Tassie and around, the price of the caravan on the boat... not visiting Cradle Mt :p which is a mortgage to get accommodation at.