What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
just came back from my first run on the dartmoor and I'm Underwhelmed. it climbs like a pig and needs work on the setup, also had no rear brake so either contaminated pads and/or rotor. Can certainly feel every gram of the 2.8 DD tyres.

But its a Enduro/Freeride rig so I just need some tracks that point more down than up I suppose to truly test it out.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Went to Wylde v2.0. Overall, it has been done pretty well with BMX and pump track.

The trails have been revamped and are a mix of a old and new. Many twisty flowy sections and the 5010 is on point for almost all of it. Not finished yet but what is there can give you a decent ride. The trails are perfect today, just enough moisture to pack it down but no dust and only a few swampy bits.

Then went ro pick up the Nickel after its vaporblast. They couldn't clean it up 100% but it is good enough for painting.

20220908_102759.jpg
20220908_154257.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes, that is right. There is a patch I've just noticed under the upper pivot mount near the top tube and seat tube junction. That left over brown paint has to go! I will give it a fondle with some abrasive thingys.

Today has been a day for me that Ferris Bueller would have been proud of.....

Anyone......anyone.......anyone..........

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Set up Tubeless / Pedals / Bottle Cage / New Grips - Rode up the street - Lent it against a cupboard - First bike I have ever had where the rotor actually says for 'Resin Pads Only" so will be new rotors and pads when they are due as will move to sintered pads

View attachment 392689
No no no, random internet guy says it's ok to use resin only rotors with sintered pads!

Minlak

custom titis
No no no, random internet guy says it's ok to use resin only rotors with sintered pads!
So they went to all the trouble of actually writing on them to use resin only just to mess with me?? Like its engraved on there not just a rando sticker they went to some effort!

On another note rode for 30mins today round town - managed ok HOWEVER! - if you did not know better the bike is quite good - When you have seen better its a bit lackluster - Engagement is ok (better than cheap wheels from years ago ) - They don't roll very fast - Forks are well frankly very mediocre - They call it a :Big Trail" I am going to assume the Big refers to 29" wheels and the trail means rail trail - It is an XC bike at best - I'm still ok with it - just voicing opinions

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Resin only rotors are in theory made of a softer (eg cheaper) steel. The sintered pads will wear them out quicker. I don't think you'll notice a difference in power between rotor types (unlike differences between pad material which can be quite noticeable).