What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah it’s like ooooh hello sailor! Where you been all my life. Haha. It suddenly feels balanced, just ‘right’.

The new chart recommended a 55, The old chart a 60!
Only had a 60 in stock so bought that. Felt stiff. Got a 50 and 55 off FB for a cracking deal so currently running the 55. Might give the 50 a try but tend to think it might be too soft. Especially for big hits but still curious.
If you decide the 50 is good I’ll be happy to buy the 55 off you.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Went for a spin on the roadie this morning. Rode back out past my old house and back into town on my old daily commute route. 100% familiar and yet very strange!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Did some track maintenance so we can all race our 3hr season finale this weekend.
Ooooh...that's a pain. Unfortunately, no I can't. We did map it once though. Regardless, it appears the Mildura weir pool is on the fall but Wentworth hasn't been touched. Do you realise that one of the Wentworth weir operators is a club member? I'll DM you...

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Kids footy training is over and for once it wasn't raining so took the young bloke out for a night ride, was good to get out. One thing I forgot, and I know I should have done this before the ride but stuff.... Why didn't I check his bike first - the drivetrain was in dire need of attention and it squeaked and clunked the whole ride. I think we just lost 1/2 the life of the chain in one ride, but it was still worth it to get out for a spin!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Ah boo. How'd you manage that?

And hopefully you're OK!
Just emotionally scarred, but thanks. I wish I had a cool story, but I was really Just riding along...
Manufacturing defect causing the alloy threaded BB insert in the frame to debond from the carbon... Quite common on this lot of bikes apparently as some people are on their 3rd and 4th frames and now they have run out of frames. No more till 2023, so it's refund time baby! Coke and Hookers ftw.
I first heard about it while recovering from my broken scaphoid earlier in the year as more and more photos were emerging of the issue on the Spectral owners group on FB... So went and checked my bike which had been hanging in the garage for 2 months, Low and behold mine had started cracking, did a couple more rides once healed, checking after each one and it got worse and now had debonded on the driveside and was clunking around.... Queue a 2 and a bit month wait for a frame that didn't show up, they chased up what was happening in Germany and got news of the frame shortage.... so today it went back to them.
So really, it probably cracked while in SA riding with @rockmoose... Be warned.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Queue a 2 and a bit month wait for a frame that didn't show up, so today it went back to them.
Shit one @Mattyp !

My young fella broke the rear triangle on his Spectral on the 11th July, they said they would warrant it as it was a know area to fail and the new rear tri was free from this defect. Which was great.

We resprayed the old red rear tri he had and fitted it to his bike in the meantime, fucking lasted 3 days and he had broken it in the same place.

Now he's been waiting for 2 months with no bike.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They dont have a specced up Alloy version. So probably not. Its kind of what annoys me, the spec was pretty damn good on the one i had, an equally specced Trek is $2k more.
I was thinking you could keep the bits and run alloy frame of the suited? Or get the alloy frame specced up from factory? Perhaps not with it all back in the box and on the way.

It was a sick looking bike. I'd still be keen on an alloy one I think. One day...when I outgrow 26 inch.