What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Surfed some glacial mud rivers at Silvan. Totally misread the situation and thought a bit of moisture would turn Lyre Lyre to hero dirt and I would be in for killer laps but found a peanut butter swamp when I got there and had to tip toe down trying not to damage the trail or myself. Not fun :(

Must have rain a lot more than I realised out there

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Surfed some glacial mud rivers at Silvan. Totally misread the situation and thought a bit of moisture would turn Lyre Lyre to hero dirt and I would be in for killer laps but found a peanut butter swamp when I got there and had to tip toe down trying not to damage the trail or myself. Not fun :(

Counting myself lucky then… tossed the coin on riding road or going to Silvan this morning and chose road in the end to save on driving time. Sounds like it was the right choice! Can get proper slick out there, especially the luge corners on lower Lyre.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
WDYDTWFYBT: Checked on our place to ride it. Pleased to say other than being covered in a ton of silt, the base trails should still be there, the obstacles will need some attention, but we're still a little way off even being able to get to the trailhead.

Access road to the trailhead
20230205_144512-01.png

Start/Finish of the top end track
20230205_145705-01.png

But at least we're not running the golf club.
20230205_144750-01.png

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Headed out to Maryvale Pines today for the first time. It's my pick of the trails in that area for sure (Haunted Hills, Somewhere Good & Maryvale Pines).

Good variety, good features, short tracks, but a lot in a small space, climbing that isn't horrible and well built area. Clearly the locals put in a lot of time!

There's no epic point to point rides or anything like that, but worth a day trip because there's plenty to ride and re ride.

Just watch it for the dodgy see saw at the car park! I hit it first thing, straight away after getting on the bike and it was almost the end of the day! I hit it too fast and looped out as the front came down. I managed to get a foot down before coming off, but still have the group that were in the car park a good laugh.

Oh, and there's no BBQ on site... :(

Screenshot_20230206_172026_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20230206_220623_com.google.android.apps.photos.pngIMG_20230206_144139_copy_1728x1296.jpgIMG_20230206_125330_copy_1224x1632.jpg

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Headed out to Maryvale Pines today for the first time. It's my pick of the trails in that area for sure (Haunted Hills, Somewhere Good & Maryvale Pines).

Good variety, good features, short tracks, but a lot in a small space, climbing that isn't horrible and well built area. Clearly the locals put in a lot of time!

There's no epic point to point rides or anything like that, but worth a day trip because there's plenty to ride and re ride.

Just watch it for the dodgy see saw at the car park! I hit it first thing, straight away after getting on the bike and it was almost the end of the day! I hit it too fast and looped out as the front came down. I managed to get a foot down before coming off, but still have the group that were in the car park a good laugh.

Oh, and there's no BBQ on site... :(

View attachment 396804View attachment 396805View attachment 396806View attachment 396807
I found that see-saw worked better as a Jump haha. Can also confirm its not a good idea to try and wheelie it!
How good is TOP GUN

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It was bad on Saturday, I wouldn't have dreamed / dare ride Lyre Lyre. Absolutely no fun on some of that red clay.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I saw the pine bark, but wasn't about to let that get in the way of my HILARIOUS post.

Nice job @Lucaw, not something I'd be attempting, bark or not.
Not sure I'd be attempting it even if the pinebark was built all the way up to the top of the container - I hate riding on that shit!

nathanm

Eats Squid
I saw the pine bark, but wasn't about to let that get in the way of my HILARIOUS post.

Nice job @Lucaw, not something I'd be attempting, bark or not.
I must admit, my first thought was identical to yours. Oh to be young again, though back in my day we'd send it off a shipping container whilst it was still on the ship, in 15 metre seas, carrying my sister on my back on the way to school.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I must admit, my fist thought was identical to yours. Oh to be young again, though back in my day we'd send it off a shipping container whilst it was still on the ship, in 15 metre seas, carrying my sister on my back on the way to school.
...in a blizzard and barefoot.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk