What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More home wheel mechanicing!

When I pulled the rear wheel off to replace the rim a little while ago, the cluster dropped off onto the ground.
Props to the importer, sent a new axle out in three days, well outside of any warranty and the new one is steel instead of alloy.
Now have a fully functional rear wheel for when I can ride again :)

Screenshot_20230208_194035_Gallery.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not me, but a friend in Canberra has this on loan while he convinces his little kids and/or wife buying one is a good idea. I have issued the challenge to get all three wheels of the ground (at the same time). Interesting front end set up.

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6424.jpeg

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
X01 mountain rear and big cassette with roadie shifters :cool: You could go smaller at the front for bikepacking and climbing. 38t would still have you pedalling at 55-60kph.
Yeah going to assess how I feel about the gearing with time. It's a CX frame so not massive tyre clearance (max 38c), wanted it more for commuting/fast gravel day rides than back country bike packing or whatever - can ride the Saturn 11 for that if I need. I like the Ratio 12sp conversion though, it's neat. Might drop to a 42t ring and a 10-46 cass to get the ratios a bit tighter but not urgent.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I taped a wheel and set it up tubeless. Put the damn tyre on the wrong way though, noticed after I had seated it and added sealant...FW. I debated leaving it as is, but couldn't. All is right in the universe now.

Set up the miniature HT with rigid forks for a charity gravel ride Saturday week. Got it running 11-46t 10sp with Shimano shifter and Microshift XLE derailleur. I'm hoping to do a test ride this weekend to sort out any quirks if needed. #gravelburn4lyf

Last edited: