What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
tried to beat the storms coming in. really enjoying squiding around on the bike currently, it’s running meannnnnn

0846177A-C65B-452F-93C4-4AEAC2198547.jpeg

[
View attachment 398371[the Neko Mullaly fox 27.5 to 29 trick to turn my Aurum into a mullet without much change in A2C height, keeping a good offset as well. Built the front wheel last night and it came up Milhouse. Love the E13 grappler Assegai copy in harder compound slow rebound too.
What’s the neko trick? 29 wheel in 27 lowers?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Started day dreaming mid run. Used a tree to check how many ugga duggas I used for the stem.
View attachment 398364
Left hand forward a little…

Had my final shakedown today at Eatons before heading to Maydena next Saturday. Can’t fucking wait. Was supposed to happen last year but I got sick and had to bail :(

Had a few moments including overshooting a landing to flat and eating shit in a rock garden that had my bars looking a touch off centre like the Frenchman’s. Otherwise she’s running mint and ready for a thrashing!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Just finished a 9 day cycle tour of NE Tas. What an awesome part of the world. Rode my Trance 29er. Not your typical bike packing rig but I wasn't going to take a novelty bike to Derby. Too many awesome moments but highlights included over 10000m of climbing/descending, a whole very solid day at Derby, followed the next day by Bay of Fires and then a huge day finishing on Ben Lomond via Jacob's Ladder.

A dozen of us in total including some ex-locals along who knew what was what. Met some great people along the way.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
then a huge day finishing on Ben Lomond via Jacob's Ladder.
I really wanted to do that when I was down there 3 years ago, but time and family didn’t allow.

Was there much in the way of arterial road in your route, or did you have vehicle shuttles between days?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Left hand forward a little…

Had my final shakedown today at Eatons before heading to Maydena next Saturday. Can’t fucking wait. Was supposed to happen last year but I got sick and had to bail :(

Had a few moments including overshooting a landing to flat and eating shit in a rock garden that had my bars looking a touch off centre like the Frenchman’s. Otherwise she’s running mint and ready for a thrashing!
I pray that it doesn’t rain for you!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I really wanted to do that when I was down there 3 years ago, but time and family didn’t allow.

Was there much in the way of arterial road in your route, or did you have vehicle shuttles between days?
We rode the entire way but stuck pretty much to very small roads and tried to minimise the bitumen. A couple of days were over 100km and we wouldn't have seen a dozen cars. Most cars we saw was on the run back into Launceston from Deloraine. Roadworks on the main road meant more people on the back roads.

Drivers were great. Did not have a single close call in over 800km. Even the few logging trucks we came across were good.