What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
2 hour decal application and manage to lose the green DVO air cap off the shock. Colour is a good match but the Oso frame colour changes under different light, some times it looks grey, then others its poppy blue. Went for gloss decals when I probably should have went matte.
Looks good but might have to tone down the DVO green.

Also swapped the XX1 rainbow chain back to the original SRAM chain, will see if it still jumps.

fdghfdhfhfhrttr.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Took no.1 son for a ride at the local trails (Mill Ck). Managed to surprise me. Been a few years since he was willing to hit proper trails on a mtb with me. But rode toxic flow, and ant battle, and a few laps of hit the turps (without actually getting any air). Down many rock rolls and up some techy climb sections.

Maybe the hours and hours we spent riding on his 20” bmx are actually paying off on the 27.5 now!

Was a good day!
Riding with your children is a day well spent :)

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Bit of a ride on an actual MTB with my son after a bit of a break and only doing gravel km's. Been waiting on a heart scan after a bit of a heart attack a couple of months ago - the shuttle day at Mystic doesn't count as I didn't have to crank up the bloody thing (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). How very quickly you forget the difference between grinding up a hill on a road/gravel bike compared to a MTB with actual steep bits

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
32 front ring for my now noodle legs and a steel idler to replace the worn one. Got the $800 crc 36 on the front.

need to actually ride it now.
View attachment 399962
View attachment 399963
the steel idler is such a beauty. Bikes looking sweet

Yeah the lying weather man said the Youis would be clear and sunny after 12pm. It wasn’t. Got rained on, trails were slop so bike got covered in that gritty bike killing sand.
But no ragerts.
I really need to get back onto my km and elevation goals again.
I was out there on Sunday at about 9:30 - 11am and it was great conditions. I must have timed it well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Train to near by bmx track. Talk about poor timing...I haven't been here for a very long time, but there used to be an open gate or huge hole in the fence which I assumed was to deter people putting holes in the fence. Well no such thing exists currently. Even if there was the track has covers over it as there is some maintenance work going on. It also looks as if someone might be living there in a concerted bus. Lastly while I was looking through the fence a cluster of people rocked up to undertake some of the track maintenance. My clandestine hopes were for naught.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah the lying weather man said the Youis would be clear and sunny after 12pm. It wasn’t. Got rained on, trails were slop so bike got covered in that gritty bike killing sand.
But no ragerts.
I really need to get back onto my km and elevation goals again.
Shouldn't have got that flu shot :p Thursday was the day/night.

Jpez

Down on the left!
the steel idler is such a beauty. Bikes looking sweet

I was out there on Sunday at about 9:30 - 11am and it was great conditions. I must have timed it well.
Yep. When I got there it was clear. Then it wasn’t.

Shouldn't have got that flu shot :p Thursday was the day/night.
I know right. I also didn’t get my shit together to get out Saturday which was the plan as conditions were perfect then too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Shitty day here so did 32km with 800vm climbing (eeb) mainly on tarmac with some singletrack to work out what is going on with my jumping chain... and avoid mud.

Fitted the original chain that had only 500km on it, rode the whole ride without a ping :)

Came home, got the 2 chains and the verniers out. Nothing looks out of place but one of the chain checkers I have here has a long leg (BBB I think)

I was able to squeeze the GX chain up the leg towards 0.75 where it wont budge on the XX1. Both chains laying beside each other are basically the same length, the used one a bees dick longer but the used one has factory grease and lube, the new(ish) one is hot waxed and been used for about 150-200km and its ready for a re-wax.
So the XX1 will maybe sit longer than usual as its dry and the other has lube, meaning the used chain might be noticeably longer if they were using the same lube.

Looks to be a mixture of big watts wearing the ebike GX cassette and the GX chain partially stretched. It only jumps on cogs 3 to 7, fine on the biggest 5 and smallest 2.

New to me and worrying with a cassette trashed at 500km.

Makes me wonder with the components used to assemble GX/NX/SX without shims, weak springs, sloppy linkages, soft pullys etc, If they were made like that to either force an upgrade or keep people replacing them. All depends on how much someone rides too, if you ride once a week or twice a month, GX may well be going great after a year or two.

Will just run the original chain until I get a new cassette, will either go XX1, X0 or E13 helix. Need to do a bit of research.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Shitty day here so did 32km with 800vm climbing (eeb) mainly on tarmac with some singletrack to work out what is going on with my jumping chain... and avoid mud.

Fitted the original chain that had only 500km on it, rode the whole ride without a ping :)

Came home, got the 2 chains and the verniers out. Nothing looks out of place but one of the chain checkers I have here has a long leg (BBB I think)

I was able to squeeze the GX chain up the leg towards 0.75 where it wont budge on the XX1. Both chains laying beside each other are basically the same length, the used one a bees dick longer but the used one has factory grease and lube, the new(ish) one is hot waxed and been used for about 150-200km and its ready for a re-wax.
So the XX1 will maybe sit longer than usual as its dry and the other has lube, meaning the used chain might be noticeably longer if they were using the same lube.

Looks to be a mixture of big watts wearing the ebike GX cassette and the GX chain partially stretched. It only jumps on cogs 3 to 7, fine on the biggest 5 and smallest 2.

New to me and worrying with a cassette trashed at 500km.

Makes me wonder with the components used to assemble GX/NX/SX without shims, weak springs, sloppy linkages, soft pullys etc, If they were made like that to either force an upgrade or keep people replacing them. All depends on how much someone rides too, if you ride once a week or twice a month, GX may well be going great after a year or two.

Will just run the original chain until I get a new cassette, will either go XX1, X0 or E13 helix. Need to do a bit of research.
Psst... Over here!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Those who ride
are justified
in wearing the chains
on their ebikes?
Some of those that walk sections
Are the same with low skill sets
Fuck you and just upgrade to 12 speed.