What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I cleaned my DH bike and looked lovingly at it's perfection and wondered if I am making a mistake selling it. We've had some good times together...
Woooo there mate what? you just raced Beauty, and told me you'd re gained an appreciation for it? why the selling of the sled?

kyuubi

Likes Bikes
Upgraded my stock 26x2.0 hutchinson tyres to a schwalbe nobby nic on the front and racing ralph on the back. New tyre size is 26x2.1 but they look thinner.. strange. Anyone know why?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cleaned it, lubed it, stared at all the scratches, dents and old hideous parts i can't afford to replace. One day you will be beautiful...one day

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the weekend I got the kids to wash their bikes ..near 9yr old Son has a bmx and 7yr old Daugther has a 24" Giant Areeva mtb.
Yesterday I took dear sons bmx for a 9km ride along the local gravel roads where I live...just to make sure it's running smooth of course...headset needed tightening so see the ride paid off ....I don't currently own a bike :( of my own.

Damn kids why did they have to get into riding as soon as I decided to give it up! Yeah yeah I realize the catalyst was getting dear daughter her new bike, she's tall for her age and it must have been pretty confidence inspiring, it's the first time she's really enjoyed riding since getting that bike. And of course dear Son rides more often if dear daughter rides with him.

But alas now I'm thinking I want to buy a bike again...Current Giant XTC1 Aluxx 26" wheel version looks pretty good! Actually can't get it out of my head...not sure how to tell dear Husband though......I'll wait until he decides he wants to buy more car stuff...like a new exhaust or something I guess :single_eye:
Might start dropping hints on my Facebook comments :D

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I put on some new tires and was very happy to see that with tubes they were lighter than the previous tubeless setup. Just hope they don't pinch-flat like crazy (Nobby Nic Evo 2.25s). Found myself kinda grossed out by all that sealant goo that was swimming around everywhere and made the whole process of changing tires really messy.

Took off the stupid (and heavy) 34t bash ring that wasn't covering the 36t chainring and had to hacksaw off the lugs from an old 44t ring to use as washers to hold the new configuration together. Does an XC/AM rig really need a bash ring anyway?

Put on some new Oury grips and swapped over the (nice new) seat from my DH bike as I figured an XC/AM bike needs a decent seat way more than a DH bike.

Weighed it after the mods and was very happy to see it coming in at 11.8kg.

Lamented the fact that my Reverb dropper post STILL hasn't arrived to complete the new bike.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Hmmmmmm
Dismantled the vintage Road bike for a new lick of paint, Stripped Forks, Primed Forks, Painted Forks Matte Black (Stealthy az Fark) and preparing to coat the Frame in Orange (Purrty). Also started a search for a new Stem and Bars to replace the badly cracked/rusted Drop Bars and Quill on the aforementioned bike, kinda scary to know that I was racing with them like they were :flame:

dunndog

Eats Squid
I picked mine up off the deck today after my 23 month old son pulled it over onto of himself! Luckily somehow everything missed him, although he does now have a small bruise on his cheek (and no it's not from me slapping him for touching my ride)

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I picked mine up off the deck today after my 23 month old son pulled it over onto of himself! Luckily somehow everything missed him, although he does now have a small bruise on his cheek (and no it's not from me slapping him for touching my ride)
It's a sign - he wants to ride DH! I'm surprised you didn't enter him at Mt Beauty.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought I would service the hub of wheel. So I pulled out the axle and then got interupted with family stuff so left the wheel against the wall, came back and most of the ball bearings had fallen out of the grease and rolled into the crap below. A real shoddy effort to be dealt with in a few days.

moorey

call me Mia
Put on short stem and wider riser bars. The transformation from an evil twitchy XC bike to a fun trail bike continues...