What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Bloody tyres. I've just destroyed two Minion DHRs (one with DD casing) on rocks within 3 months, so today I've just taken delivery of a Huck Norris. That, plus a slight bump in psi will hopefully end my trail-side cussing.
DHR2 also but in EXO casing. Front tubeless MM has a tube in it now from a tiny hole next to the bead ... ughh haha.

Was contemplating huck norris but I seem to be more of a tyre killer than wheel killer. I would've punctured my tires regardless.
If I was a better rider and didn't pick the line with a pointy rock ... now that's a different story

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I made lots of braap/yeew/oh shit noises on the weekend while riding bikes at Bright, Good weekend was had, many beers/alcohols were consumed. Bright is off tap.

No, I ride in a rocky area with big hits and would use a Maxxis Freeride tube @307g, plus the extra psi would make the rear feel like crap. Even though i'm upping the pressure slightly from usual, it will still be less than what i would run with a tube and feel far better.

The HN is only 75g.
I put a DH HN in the rears on both my bikes Ben, Got to say they saved my ass a few times at Bright on the weekend. Esp. on hero, so many rocks now exposed in the face of the trail.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shortened the brake lines on wife's bike, bled the living hell out of my xt brakes and got many a sneaky caliper bubble out, fiddled with the shockwiz, changed stem on the roadie and did heaps of driveway wheelies half teaching #1. But the best part was I took #2 for his first ever ride on a bike, just around the house for a few laps. His smiles and squeals indicated he was pretty stoked.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Was contemplating huck norris but I seem to be more of a tyre killer than wheel killer. I would've punctured my tires regardless.
If I was a better rider and didn't pick the line with a pointy rock ... now that's a different story
I'm getting it because of tyres. My Wheels are generally OK, although I did dent my rear slightly recently (when I put a hole in my 2nd tyre). The HN should save that from happening again. It's a good puncture protection device for the sidewall tears also.

I put a DH HN in the rears on both my bikes Ben, Got to say they saved my ass a few times at Bright on the weekend. Esp. on hero, so many rocks now exposed in the face of the trail.
Unfortunately I only have the regular version, so hopefully it goes OK. Will get the DH version next time if it doesn't.

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Changed gears on the singlespeed from the 32-14 commuting gear to 32-15... which will hopefully get me in the sweet spot for slowish commuting but low enough to be able to climb one of our local rail trails

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Took the Sight to the LBS to get the front Guide R lever replaced under warranty. You can measure the lever return time with a sundial once it gets warm.

Meanwhile, The Boy has been having the time of his life down at Blue Derby. No, I'm not jealous at all. Not me. Nope.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Replaced the cracked clear guard with a new green one.

View attachment 341395

And hacked the 20mm axle holder to fit the 15mm axles on the new forks. Had to chop 10mm ish off and popped a sleeve inside. Pretty solid and there'll be a few backups as well, not just the tube. Bring on Falls and Ignition!

View attachment 341396

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode hero with some legends and then made our way over to falls creek for ignition. Doesn't get much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Looking forward to giving this a try. In my 10 year 'modern' life as a mountain biker, I have only twice deviated from Maxxis; Had a set of Nokians on my old Heckler, plus tried a Hans Dampf.

View attachment 341405

Considering they're a spitting image of a DHR2, they'll work a treat... Me thinks.

Actual weight? Tubeless setup hassle free?

Currently giving these a flogging and am super impressed with the side lugs. Cornering grip for days and seated with a standard pump. Just a little more suffering when pushing the 1kg tyres uphill.

Plus, anything with DH and Enduro written on the sidewall has to be good.

View attachment 341428
View attachment 341429

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Picked up a cheap dropper for the old stumpjumper. Super smooth, wife looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Tried to clean this up a little

Then a few more rad runs down the mountain. How effing good was ignition!!

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt
Cleared a spot in the garage and put a hook on the wall for my ISI carrier

Then did a very quick test fit of my new, wide carbon bars. Smidge wider than what I have now and uncut they are 685mm. Who said you need 800mm bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looking forward to giving this a try. In my 10 year 'modern' life as a mountain biker, I have only twice deviated from Maxxis; Had a set of Nokians on my old Heckler, plus tried a Hans Dampf.

View attachment 341405
You should go well on these. I've smashed my 29x2.25 Ibex on my Evil for about 4-5 months now. Not a mark on them, great tyre IMO.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tried to clean this up a little

Then a few more rad runs down the mountain. How effing good was ignition!!

Surely that had to be yesterday, unless you threw mud on the bike today from that one spot on Flowtown. The trails and weather today, well you couldn't have asked for more really! It's a credit to the builders how fast Flowtown recovered from the downpour yesterday at lunch.

My new favourite trail was Thunderbolt. Great mix of a bit of everything in that trail. Great trails all round at Falls, something for everyone.

Ignition was effing good that's for sure! It was good to bump into theazza and the drizzle too.

View attachment 341449

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Surely that had to be yesterday, unless you threw mud on the bike today from that one spot on Flowtown. The trails and weather today, well you couldn't have asked for more really! It's a credit to the builders how fast Flowtown recovered from the downpour yesterday at lunch.

My new favourite trail was Thunderbolt. Great mix of a bit of everything in that trail. Great trails all round at Falls, something for everyone.

Ignition was effing good that's for sure! It was good to bump into theazza and the drizzle too.

View attachment 341449
Yeah, photo was from the day before, but the time spent cleaning the books and crannys with a stick and a teatowel was yesterday so it still counts right?

I didn't hit up thunderbolt till my last run, regret that now because it was ace fun. Scared the crap out of me, but ace fun. Whole weekend was just a blast really, came out yesterday Arvo absolutely stuffed but grinning ear to ear

BT180

Max Pfaff
Considering they're a spitting image of a DHR2, they'll work a treat... Me thinks.

Actual weight? Tubeless setup hassle free?

Currently giving these a flogging and am super impressed with the side lugs. Cornering grip for days and seated with a standard pump. Just a little more suffering when pushing the 1kg tyres uphill.

Plus, anything with DH and Enduro written on the sidewall has to be good.
Yeah, they’re totally a DHR2 clone! This model weighs in at 1140g. Add to that my Huck Norris and it’s not the lightest combo. Not too phased though as I’m going for reliability.

You should go well on these. I've smashed my 29x2.25 Ibex on my Evil for about 4-5 months now. Not a mark on them, great tyre IMO.
Sweet, that’s good to know. I heard the 55a version is a bit hard, so this 45a versions should feel pretty sweet. Just hope it doesn’t wear too quickly.

Made in the same factory as Maxxis so you are not deviating too much
Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. Had my first ride on it yesterday, but it was on mostly unfamiliar trails. Will get a good sense of how it’s performing this week when I ride my usual weekday loops.