What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode a couple of old runs on the weekend that I haven't ridden for a while, they still hurt but was definitely faster

yes I'm coming off a low base but faster is faster

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, they’re totally a DHR2 clone! This model weighs in at 1140g. Add to that my Huck Norris and it’s not the lightest combo. Not too phased though as I’m going for reliability.
Mine are about 800g each for 55a Tanwall 2.25's with FR casing.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Surely that had to be yesterday, unless you threw mud on the bike today from that one spot on Flowtown. The trails and weather today, well you couldn't have asked for more really! It's a credit to the builders how fast Flowtown recovered from the downpour yesterday at lunch.

My new favourite trail was Thunderbolt. Great mix of a bit of everything in that trail. Great trails all round at Falls, something for everyone.

Ignition was effing good that's for sure! It was good to bump into theazza and the drizzle too.

View attachment 341449
I recognize that bike. We chatted up top, at the summit for a little while. I was riding the black/blue/orange hard tail..

Ignition was rad. Thunderbolt to flowtown is my favorite run at Falls though I reckon I still prefer Mystic;)

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I recognize that bike. We chatted up top, at the summit for a little while. I was riding the black/blue/orange hard tail..

Ignition was rad. Thunderbolt to flowtown is my favorite run at Falls though I reckon I still prefer Mystic;)
That's right I remember, burners everywhere! Was nice to meet you and have a chat.

Thunderbolt was great, and it's hard to go past the flow of Flowtown, just have to find a way to bypass those pedaly bits in the middle!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
On hols at Noosa Ville... so took the hire bikes for a squirt at Tewantin... got absolutely pissed on, even the dry bits were wet. Some nice bits of trail. On the commute back to the digs, rode with a world traveller dude (French/Laos) who’s just ridden in South Korea, Japan and in Oz, from Perth to Melbourne, then up to Cairns and was heading back down to Brisbane to look for work as he was getting low in cash. We rode with him to his hostel, but he said he mostly stays at ‘warm showers’... which I’d never heard of till then. Anyway a fun way to end the ride.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Were you riding hero on the Friday afternoon?

BT180

Max Pfaff
On hols at Noosa Ville... so took the hire bikes for a squirt at Tewantin... got absolutely pissed on, even the dry bits were wet. Some nice bits of trail. On the commute back to the digs, rode with a world traveller dude (French/Laos) who’s just ridden in South Korea, Japan and in Oz, from Perth to Melbourne, then up to Cairns and was heading back down to Brisbane to look for work as he was getting low in cash. We rode with him to his hostel, but he said he mostly stays at ‘warm showers’... which I’d never heard of till then. Anyway a fun way to end the ride.

Tewantin is awesome. Did you get much time to explore?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, have enjoyed Tewantin for sure... we’ll be back, but more than likely next time we will bring our own bikes. We had three days in a row of riding there... 2+ hours each ride, plus the 35 minute commute there and back. Rode most of the trails. Loved the last bit of 2, most of 5, the top bit of 7 and all of 10. We were on the bikes at 7:30am and quite enjoyed the commute to some great trails. Today we had to return the hire bikes, so we thought after 2+ hours we were done time wise, but decided to climb the hill climb race track to do 10 and the good bit of 2... a fantastic way to finish our ride. Yep, we’ll be back. Found a great little Thai restaurant too.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Went out for a ride this morning but wasn't feeling it. Did a sighting run down preferred track then second run decided to step on it for some race pace speed........ blew out a corner about 3/4 down and hit a tree. Ruined a pedal but only skin off both forearms so that was fun.

Looking forward to more trails tomorrow.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Spent the day at Banshees in the Bunny. Top day, rode some very nice trails, hit Felix's north shore, cramped a bit, had a lie down, smashed some peanut butter, rode some more sweet trails.

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Decided to finally service the misbehaving dropper post. Turns out the cartridge is buggered so after pricing parts and seeing how much slop there was I thought bugger it and bought a whole new post, going from external to internally routed. A little bit of swearing getting the cable through the frame which ended with me taking the forks off and BB out.
One new bottom bracket cos the old one was a bit gritty, regreased the headset while the forks were out.
What I thought would be a 20 minute job turned into 2 hour job with an extra trip to the LBS but happy I got a few other maintenance jobs crossed off the list while I was at it.

Brow

Big Block
First time on the dirt for approx 2 weeks and broke the chain. It was not running smoothly on the 1.3km ride to the bush and then first hard push on an uphill and bang. Figure I bent it a bit last time out after getting a stick stuck in the rear. Pushed it home and got the old banger out for a ride on the bike paths instead. Pity as I was really looking forward to a good ride on the trails.