What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rstim

Likes Dirt
Trails have received a good hit of rain in the last couple of days should be fantastic next weekend. They were getting quite dry and dusty straight out of Derby but Weldborough/Blue tier side was still amazing in the rain forest areas.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
got the chromag sorted and the fusion sweep RL2 for review......it will have to wait till Sun for 3 days of riding up Sunny coast way.....watch for the yup review next week.....

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ loving the Christmas spirit.

All the chatter about bleeding those hopes right and it being too hot to ride and then looking like a storm and some rain drops hitting me...well I decided I really should bleed my very out of shape xt brakes. It has been a while and they are still running the original pads. Waste indicates overdue is an understatement. But they were still pulling me up on trail as recently as Wednesday, though am increased reliance on the front was required a few times.

Attachments

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Braking is overrated but new pads aren't ever going to be a bad idea once bedded in. I'm glad I've never had the need to fiddle with my old Avids apart from the odd dust removal around the piston.

Can't you just use your foot on the backwheel like everyone else?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got pretty good mileage out of those bad boys. I mostly brake using the 2 foot drag (dual piston?). It's got good modulation and a lot of extra power, but fails pretty hard in the rough stuff.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bought a Bike Hand digital torque wrench from cycling deal. I'll get to writing a proper review soon, very cool piece of kit. 1.25-25NM 1/4" drive. Reported readout accuracy of +/- 3 to 4%.

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg
Swapped the saddle / pedals / brakes etc over from the old anthem to the new Trance (2014 old 2nd hand ) ... And failed to set those nobby s up tubeless , so loose didn't need a tyre lever to strip and refit .
Keen as to actually ride it tomorrow, stoked with my purchase !

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Fitted new rear brake line & re-bleed.
Adjusted seat height & grips.
Checked a few other things.
Swapped pedals back to clipless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Broke a spoke on the rear of the Rune casing too many jumps on Cressy, all fixed now.

Bought a Hornet frame and some Hope W35 wheels.

Thanks must go to ideate for both.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Received a set of ayups from a impulse buy off Facebook group... as they are a generation or two behind most new lights, both sets were required to kinda almost not really get close to the output of one Solarstorm eBay special!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Rotors arrived yesterday morning so now my second set of wheels are set up for XC with Maxxis Advent 2.25's. Surprisingly given they are on Carbon Hoops only 240g lighter for the wheelset compared to my Flows running Magic Mary and Agressor. Roll much faster though.

Longish multi suburb / forest ride planned for the morning...... sort of worried my 3hrs allocated won't be enough.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks up at previous post. I don't know what that is and I don't need it anyhow.

Anyhow, went for a Crack of dawner before it gets stinking hot. Viva the end of the year when a man's mind moves towards dodging responsibilities.