What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yep, check this out. Never do an inner loop again. Outer loop is where all the fun stuff is.

This is Dam outer loop, + Serrata and Gahnia.

View attachment 342425
I haven't ridden the Dam much recently, but parked near the bowling club recently to do a lap of Gahnia. I used a section of the Dam trail, but cross the parkway much earlier than you. Is there an obvious marker/location that you exit the Dam trail to cross over? Better to do more of the single trail instead of the fire trail on the Bantry Bay side!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I haven't ridden the Dam much recently, but parked near the bowling club recently to do a lap of Gahnia. I used a section of the Dam trail, but cross the parkway much earlier than you. Is there an obvious marker/location that you exit the Dam trail to cross over? Better to do more of the single trail instead of the fire trail on the Bantry Bay side!
Holy crap. Did Ghania for the first time yesterday. I walked 70% of it and that is probably generous. It requires lots of skill and commitment. The first descent has a rock garden with a wall ride around a tree sticking out of the rock for chrissake. I will probably walk it again before hitting it properly. Probably need to lose another 20kgs to make it up some of those rock climbs too.

Best place to cross Wakehurt Parkway is before the big fire road descent at ~4kms from the hydro lab.

I crossed after the bowling club and there is some single track there but also lots of fireroad.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I tried to be subtle, like a cheats bleed, either way it works nicely.
I got a nice pic and text from the buyer saying he loves it - so no cracks yet! Mind you, all the people I've met who cracked carbon Anthems were big blokes - the buyer and I are average ~70kg guys so I think we're safe.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Finished (re)building the TBc (yes, the brakes are done):

Bits of Enve, XTR, Roval carbon, SID, etc. she looks like a rocket ship but as I’ve stuffed my shoulder I’ll have to wait to find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New tyre day and new bottle cage day.!

After almost 3 weeks off the bike due to chicken pox, I felt it was time to try and get motivated to get back on the bike. I have had the tyres sitting in the garage since the worlds at Cairns where I bought them from a Maxxis stall there. The bottle cages are the solution to cramped mounts.. They are Lezyne side entry cages.
Can’t wait for a break in the weather to get back out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap. Did Ghania for the first time yesterday. I walked 70% of it and that is probably generous. It requires lots of skill and commitment. The first descent has a rock garden with a wall ride around a tree sticking out of the rock for chrissake.
That's the fun bit I was talking about, it's the best natural trail feature I've encountered in my short born again mtb career.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
i did this an hour ago on a log ride....
That sucks!

Holy crap. Did Ghania for the first time yesterday. I walked 70% of it and that is probably generous. It requires lots of skill and commitment. The first descent has a rock garden with a wall ride around a tree sticking out of the rock for chrissake. I will probably walk it again before hitting it properly. Probably need to lose another 20kgs to make it up some of those rock climbs too.

Best place to cross Wakehurt Parkway is before the big fire road descent at ~4kms from the hydro lab.

I crossed after the bowling club and there is some single track there but also lots of fireroad.

I think I'm going to want some pics of this please?!?

yep, sooooooo stoked it didn't smash my Box 11 but 75 bucks later for a hanger .....geez, I know what I'm gunna start cncing :)
3D print!

Oddjob

That's the fun bit I was talking about, it's the best natural trail feature I've encountered in my short born again mtb career.
I've done some dumb/cool things on bikes, Peru Megavalanche, some of Val di Sol, Queenstown, the Taiwan KOM col (20% gradient on a tourer!!!!). Each tough in its own way but Sydney rock gardens are the gnarliest.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

Don't get too carried away with the weight loss, once you get your speed up through there that momentum will be your friend.

The first time I rode those trails I was following a few locals and I was struggling to hold their wheel and didn't have time to think about what was coming up, depending on the weather I'll be there Sunday am if you need a tour guide.

I've done some dumb/cool things on bikes, Peru Megavalanche, some of Val di Sol, Queenstown, the Taiwan KOM col (20% gradient on a tourer!!!!). Each tough in its own way but Sydney rock gardens are the gnarliest.

Mmmm, the soft caress shared between sandstone and knee (or elbow).

Oddjob

Don't get too carried away with the weight loss, once you get your speed up through there that momentum will be your friend.

The first time I rode those trails I was following a few locals and I was struggling to hold their wheel and didn't have time to think about what was coming up, depending on the weather I'll be there Sunday am if you need a tour guide.
Thanks for the offer but I'm a few months away from being up to Ghania. Need to lose more weight and get more arm strength/stamina. I'm only just hanging on through the last 2km flow section of manly dam before the hydraulics lab.

I also need to move onto a lighter and more capable bike. The RM switch I'm riding is just too burly. What are you riding through there?