What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
All great bikes, but I've already got a 9.8 Remedy 2017MY with 160mm forks and other nice bits on it so I don't want more of the same.

29" this time definitely.
I understand. But I'm not sure the DW-link master race will be so forgiving.

An Evil Wreckoning might get you off the hook.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand. But I'm not sure the DW-link master race will be so forgiving.

An Evil Wreckoning might get you off the hook.

I had a Pivot previously, loved it (despite the comedy reach on an XL). I'm not feeling the switchblade and the 5.5 and 6 are too close to what I have already. The 429 trails reach is short enough for the Mrs to ride the XL.

I'd expect newness from them this year.

Wreckoning is too much bike IMO..
The Following is nice but again, very short reach.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I had a Pivot previously, loved it (despite the comedy reach on an XL). I'm not feeling the switchblade and the 5.5 and 6 are too close to what I have already. The 429 trails reach is short enough for the Mrs to ride the XL.

I'd expect newness from them this year.

Wreckoning is too much bike IMO..
The Following is nice but again, very short reach.
Yeah the wreckoning looks like a full on monster truck, but would probably induce a lot of uncontrollable maniacal laughter. You could also run it as a 27.5+ for shits and giggles.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knolly just announced their Fugitive 29er too that looks really good. Can be ran at 120mm rear 140mm front or 135mm rear and 150mm front depending on shock stroke. Geo looks solid and being aluminium the price is good. I'm on the Primer at the moment and loving it, can definitely recommend

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A Yeti fan mate of mine is pushing the 4.5 / 5.5. I love the look of them but the cracking is a concern even if it is previous generations. And I'd prefer a bottle holder inside the frame too.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Transition smuggler? I know your not to keen on aluminium but damn transition are on the money with their bikes.

Edit: they have carbonium now too

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
A Yeti fan mate of mine is pushing the 4.5 / 5.5. I love the look of them but the cracking is a concern even if it is previous generations. And I'd prefer a bottle holder inside the frame too.
I don't think it's an issue with the 4.5/5.5s, like you said it was the previous gen SB6s that were prone, bit in saying that all companies have issues.

The bottle thing is a bit of a pain though, but again it can be worked around.

Enjoy shopping, so many good bikes out there atm.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Transition Smuggler looks nice but I'm trying not to go overboard on travel. I really enjoyed the Fuel at 140f/120r and I have the Remedy at 160f/150r.

More isn't always better as I've found out in the past, and I'm aware that all the reviews of modern longer travel, slacker bikes say they climb like goats. I take them with a pinch of salt...

Yep, I'm going to enjoy selection as long as I don't get too trigger happy...

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Smuggler is 120r/140f :)

Also supersports has the 2017 carbon scout frame on sale atm, and I can vouch for the aluminium version being amazing.
125r/140f 27.5” slope bike for the trails.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Smuggler is 120r/140f :)

Also supersports has the 2017 carbon scout frame on sale atm, and I can vouch for the aluminium version being amazing.
125r/140f 27.5” slope bike for the trails.
Thanks, I thought it was longer travel. That's the Sentinel isn't it? Took a pedal on a SC HTLT. Damn that's nice. Possibly more $$$ and travel than I'd need but it's easy to get swayed on that.

Thanks for the link. Looking now!

Ultra Lord

Thanks, I thought it was longer travel. That's the Sentinel isn't it? Took a pedal on a SC HTLT. Damn that's nice. Possibly more $$$ and travel than I'd need but it's easy to get swayed on that.

Thanks for the link. Looking now!
Yeah the sentinel is there 29” endurbro sled. Happy hunting mate, new bike time is awesome. just remember the damn PYR thead!