What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
They all have an xl, but supersports hasn’t got the new 2018 stock yet after a quick peruse of the website.
I know he didn’t have many XL scouts left when I bought mine, and I got the last “long” pbj two years ago so I think longer bikes come in more limited numbers.
Could be worth an email, he was easy enough to deal with when I bought mine

stirk

Burner
We rode an old familiar track I've not done for a while.

Some smashing rocky single track.

IMG_20180224_153847-676x1132-507x849.jpg

Some fast fire trail.

IMG_20180224_153942-512x1335-204x532.jpg

Kudos to the bloke riding up as I took this photo, bees nest hill, a beast and he conquered it!

I think I hit 70kph in the middle section!

Then onto blue gum swamp, looks like double track not fire trail.

IMG_20180224_154004-450x927.jpg

Well recovered after the bush fires in 2013.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Negative, slipped with the drill bit because I was too lazy to get my pin punch out of the Ute
Whew! Almost made it into another thread.
Also, I believe you have the MRP Boost kit fitted. PM me so as not to derail this but let me know how you've gotten on with it if you don't mind.
Thanks!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Derail the thread? It’s something he’s done with a bike. Speak up brosephie! I’m sure theres plenty who’d like to hear about a mrp boosterer thingo.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a blast out at the Youies. The Boy was signed up for the shuttle day, and I went out with him and just had a ride around. I seem to be improving, both uphill and down. I was actually really tired when I left this morning, and riding a bike was the last thing in the world I felt like doing, but a quick snooze in the car once we got there sorted me out.

The Boy's rear shock has lost all rebound damping for some reason, so that has to be sent away to be fixed. And both his tyres are munted; bulges in the sidewalls.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Went with some mix-and-match brake action today. Blew a seal (or something) in my new Magura front brake so had to whack my old Avid trail 9 back on the front. Left a magura brake on the back because I have to disconnect the cable from the lever to get it out and that was too much trouble for me today.

Sounds weird and shit but in all honesty it worked a treat. The avid has reach and bite point adjustment so even though they have a really different lever shape, i was able to get them to feel really similar and didn't notice them on the trail.

Win for me. Loss for marketing

xero

Supersports
They all have an xl, but supersports hasn’t got the new 2018 stock yet after a quick peruse of the website.
I know he didn’t have many XL scouts left when I bought mine, and I got the last “long” pbj two years ago so I think longer bikes come in more limited numbers.
Could be worth an email, he was easy enough to deal with when I bought mine
18 Transitions are in stock ( have been since they were released world wide ) ... First 2 productions have almost sold out, so we are down on a few colours / sizes dependent...but more on the water shortly..

Not up on our website....... Don't get me started! ... we have a new site build and " insert web developer co name here" are very overdue...... So sorry for the delays!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whew! Almost made it into another thread.
Also, I believe you have the MRP Boost kit fitted. PM me so as not to derail this but let me know how you've gotten on with it if you don't mind.
Thanks!
Yeah I'm running a the MRP better boost adapter on my i9 front hub. I guess the best praise I can give it is it doesn't feel any different from before! No weird noises and no snapped rotor bolts. The best part about the MRP kit is that you don't need to redish your wheel

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I'm running a the MRP better boost adapter on my i9 front hub. I guess the best praise I can give it is it doesn't feel any different from before! No weird noises and no snapped rotor bolts. The best part about the MRP kit is that you don't need to redish your wheel
Thanks!
Where did you get yours from? Is there an Aus based retailer or did you have to buy from overseas?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks!
Where did you get yours from? Is there an Aus based retailer or did you have to buy from overseas?
I ordered from MRP direct. But I think Chris at Bike Brew is the aus MRP guy now. It was pricier than a wolftooth kit but you need to redish your wheel with those kits so I went this way. Takes a couple of minutes to go back to 15x100 and use on different bike/fork.