What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Which one you get? Interested in the post your ride and a ride report.
I got the CF 9.0 in rallye blue. The blue is really nice in person. I have just noticed that the reverb supplied with this bike is leaking at the lever and is extremely slow to return, hopefully get that sorted soon so I can take it for a ride.

Maxxis 2.3’s? They are tiny in comparison to everything else on the market.
Ahh yeah Maxxis 2.3's, I've never run anything larger than that. Looking forward to trying these out. I'm a small guy so it seems like a lot of tyre for me

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Let us know how it goes, I run 2.3 maxxis aswell and more opinions on the wider tyre/rim combo might push me over to getting something bigger. Maybe. Biggest thing for me is I hate squirmy tyres.

People can pry my minions and HRII’s out of my cold dead hands

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The lads at EightyOneSpices have hooked me up with a Formula Selva with a 46mm offset.
Also have a Durolux with a CRConception damper and coil kit in it, and a Fox 36 Talas.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
Oooo...that’s the fork I am eyeing off for a future build. Waiting for news on the new dual air they are supposed to be releasing sometime. Look forward to see what you think. Getting any extra CTS tunes or just try the ones in the box first?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Took the SAM out for its first ride tonight at Manly Dam. The shakedown went off without a hitch. Only had to stop once to slow the rebound on the shock.

The SAM has all the classic faux bar/four bar characteristics. Suspension performance is highly dependant on the shock. It pedaled well with the Float X on firm and ate up the chunder with it open. I tried using the intermediate setting but it's really an unhappy compromise. This need to keep twiddling the shock is a bit awkward when the Fox36 was happy to be set with 20 clicks of lsc and 4 clicks of hsc and then forgotten about. I might send off the shock to Avalanche at some stage to get a better blowoff circuit between the lsc and hsc.

For those with sharp eyesight, they will notice I didn't use all the travel on the shock or the fork. I could soften hsc a bit, but I think when I take the bike out on Sunday for a training course I will push the bike harder and need the extra support.

The geometry screams mini dh bike, especially given that I'm running 20% sag up front and 30% at the rear. The bb is lower than I'm used to and I kept striking the pedals in spots I wasn't expecting. I even bottomed out the bashguard a few times on rollovers and corners.

The 2.3 Hans Dampf front and 2.2 Saguaro rear tyre combo was excellent. The Hans was a bit draggy but had grip everywhere. The Saguaro is a classic dry condition tyre that rolls well and breaks away predictably.

The brakes had a bit more free stroke than I like, but in a way its safer that way. The brakes have oodles of power when they bite, and I had a few 'oh shit' moments where I grabbed a handful of brake and the free stroke saved me.

All in all, very happy with the result.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Oooo...that’s the fork I am eyeing off for a future build. Waiting for news on the new dual air they are supposed to be releasing sometime. Look forward to see what you think. Getting any extra CTS tunes or just try the ones in the box first?
They changed the box layout right before I bought, so it comes with the standard and firm CTS module in the box, as well as all the oils and spares etc you usually get. I ordered some Neopos alongside as well.

Recomendation has been to test with the blue module first and go from there. I'll likely fiddle with what I have for the first interval and then purchase any new modules with the first lowers maintenance.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a chance to pick up a composite frame dual suspension fatbike for cheap. So I grabbed it. Running 26x4 but plenty of room for wider tyres.

It came 2x but I converted it to 1x. Rear derailleur was missing but that is a simple fix and for the hell of it I changed the fork to a leftie! The pump was useless though. Left off the reflectors and went for platform pedals, much easier on bare feet at the beach.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I got the CF 9.0 in rallye blue. The blue is really nice in person. I have just noticed that the reverb supplied with this bike is leaking at the lever and is extremely slow to return, hopefully get that sorted soon so I can take it for a ride.

Goddamn day -1 problems! ... Also keen to read the post ride review.

scblack

Leucocholic
I had a chance to pick up a composite frame dual suspension fatbike for cheap. So I grabbed it. Running 26x4 but plenty of room for wider tyres.

It came 2x but I converted it to 1x. Rear derailleur was missing but that is a simple fix and for the hell of it I changed the fork to a leftie! The pump was useless though. Left off the reflectors and went for platform pedals, much easier on bare feet at the beach.

Awesome, Lego Technic FTW!

I have not seen that before.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Got anal. Not a fan of mess and the Maxle just looked untidy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Pfffft.......anal my arse. You've completely failed to cut caliper bolts to finish flush with the bottom of the adapters holes.

How do you even ride it like that?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

That's awesome!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Stop giving Cannondale ideas. The last thing the world needs is a Slate fatbike.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
First ride with 2.5/2.3dhf combo. Felt slow and boofy but strava tells me I was on pace. Really came into their own in the steeper choppy stuff.

Def sticking with 2.3dhf/ ardent combo for more trail/xc riding.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Fitted up the newly built wheels, Spank Spike 350 vibracore rims to Hope Pro 4 with Sapim Race spokes and polyax brass nipples. Thought I'd try a DHR2 WT on the back for winter.

Will give them a hit out at Black Hill tomorrow with a couple of other burners.

Oddjob

Fitted up the newly built wheels, Spank Spike 350 vibracore rims to Hope Pro 4 with Sapim Race spokes and polyax brass nipples. Thought I'd try a DHR2 WT on the back for winter.

Will give them a hit out at Black Hill tomorrow with a couple of other burners.
Did you put vaseline on the lens for the glamour shot?

stirk

Burner

I like, and needs one!