What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Speaking of Wylde road gaps, we might really have a road close in future anyhow. The M12 is proposed to shave off the bottom of Wylde which I think would be the best option since it leaves the hillier bits on the northern side.

It must be taking up the corridor between the MTB park and the gun toting shooter's clubhouse.

There were routes proposed with more impact and I suppose the high level of use of Wylde has given it more strength to stay put. If no one used it then I'm sure it would be much easier to chop.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There were routes proposed with more impact and I suppose the high level of use of Wylde has given it more strength to stay put. If no one used it then I'm sure it would be much easier to chop.
Whoops, here's the latest version, a bit of northern choppage is on the menu, oh well. The trail fairies can borrow the M12y excavators for a few hours and do magic.

m12-may-2018.jpg

Binaural

Eats Squid
New DT Swiss roadie wheels arrived from bike-components.de (just beat the "GST" deadline it seems), with the fancy hard coating that looks carbon-esque but doesn't require you to run discs to get black wheels. So keen to get home tonight and start getting those fitted up. Goodbye, creaky wheels!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Gave it a scrub with some bike wash that was gifted me, seemed to work pretty good the bikes come up a treat and I didn’t bother hitting it with a sponge. Just sprayed it on, let it soak for a couple of minutes then hosed off.

I did hit it with some after wash spray. turned my matte black frame somewhat shinier, but I think in a good way.

First wash in almost six months hahaha. I’m pretty terrible for keeping up appearances on the bike, mechanically A1 but ridden and put away dirty.

EB689C47-B9A6-4C5E-BED0-AD04C2BB5F82.png

Might buy a shorter stem for when I’m betterer too. that renthal jobby creaks abit.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Dropped off 29er Yari and Avy cartridge to mtb suspension centre, who will also fit mrp ramp control and blueprint air spring. Hubba hubba.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Did a bit of Knapsack today with a long time lurker and a bunch of other guys mostly older and faster than me.

I enjoy it there but, yes, I suffered quite a bit, I sure did. A great place to ride nonetheless but a hell of a lot of pinch climbs.

Screenshot_20180707-123416.jpeg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I find playing with my bike very cathartic and so bought a few tools, Park truing stand and base and some little bits and pieces. Very excited to start learning how to build wheels. I have an old set I plan to pull apart and rebuild.... may take awhile to do well though I figure nothing ventured nothing gained.

Oddjob

I find playing with my bike very cathartic and so bought a few tools, Park truing stand and base and some little bits and pieces. Very excited to start learning how to build wheels. I have an old set I plan to pull apart and rebuild.... may take awhile to do well though I figure nothing ventured nothing gained.
Did you get the Park tensionmeter and centreing gauge. If not, I highly reccomend them.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode youis today with some legends. Despite almost pulling the pin due to wind / rain, it turned out to be cracker of a day. Took our time sessioning sections of cressie (pretty much had the trail to ourselves) and managed to link it all together for a pb. Ripper day with no stacks or mechanicals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Rode youis today with some legends. Despite almost pulling the pin due to wind / rain, it turned out to be cracker of a day. Took our time sessioning sections of cressie (pretty much had the trail to ourselves) and managed to link it all together for a pb. Ripper day with no stacks or mechanicals.

....and how was the shock?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
....and how was the shock?

Shock was amazing! Rode at Lysterfield yesterday and was blown away with how much grip I had. Rear felt glued to trail. Inspired so much confidence I started hitting berms faster and faster without brakes until I put my front wheel over the berm and drew some blood. Was really impressed with its ability to handle chunky rock gardens, it's no magic carpet ride but it mantains composure through the chunky stuff like no other shock I have ridden. Probably because I can never get the shock dialled in properly, which I one of the reasons I got this. The two valves are great. I have them set up for trail and dh (with jumps). It really is like swapping out the shock, the circuits are completely different. Bike feels much more lively / poppy with the 11/6 than the ccdb cs. Bike feels super balanced with the ACS3 up front. If Strava is anything to go off I managed a bunch of pb's at both Lysterfield and the you yangs on my first two rides with it.

The best part is that I am done lusting after other shock and fork options.