What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Z

Zaf

@madstace Other than one that was locked up in front of the optometrists in town about two years ago, I'd never even felt the Pinion grip shift prior to purchase. It was riding a friend's bike with a Shimano Alfine hub, and using the grip shifter on that, that made me go "what on earth is the fuss all about?!".

You're welcome to come twist my grip and see for yourself. But I knew it wouldn't be a problem from owners accounts beforehand, and it's yet to present itself as one for me yet.

Anyway, Newcastle end of the year!

Last edited by a moderator:

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Nice! Have you or @urallwrong ridden the Wild AM/Wild Grip'r combo? How do they compare?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Last time I rode any Michelin product was when Comp 16&24's ruled the dirt on 26" rims. Then marketing...I mean Maxxis was king for a while.
On a 30mm internal rim, you can definitely feel the transition from center to edge compared to a DHF. Very predictable and braking traction is exceptional.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I bought a $17 set of bars so I can try a 30mm rise. I just hope they don't snap in half.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Had the day off with an injured offspring, so some time was spent in the garage (such a good dad, right?)

New shock on the spider. Not convinced it's better than the ccdb inline but better to try it and know for sure I figure. Feels firmer with the same sag and definitely more support towards the end of its travel, the weekend will tell if these are positive things.

New cranks and tyres on the tracer, as well as a cheap eBay rear mudguard. Not sold on the guard yet, see how much cleaning it saves on the next muddy ride.

And found some wheels for that ghost build, so far we have a ghost amr with Xfusion slants and stans flow on 3.30HD. getting less likely by the minute that this will find its way to my mates garage...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
New cranks, ring and chain for the hardtail.

I've got all the gears back now after cutting the last chain to short. Looks like I might have gone to far the other way now... Another link out?

IMAG2271-2000x1500.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Pulled apart Pivot Mach 429 which I'm building up for wife's birthday. Upper linkage bearings are ok but lower linkage bearings are shagged and tiny. Anyone heard of a needle bearing conversion for Pivot linkages?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk