What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
How much was the mast and how easy to swap over?
doesn't matter, whatever it takes to get rid of the reverb :p
Absolutely correct.

The swap is pretty easy and the mast is way cheaper than a new post. You'll need a shifter and a strap wrench (or a vice and an old inner tube).

Contact @Nerf Herder on here or LinkSports. They will point you in the right direction.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Put a KS dropper in my wife’s bike tonight. I’ve had one for a few months and it’s got a real nice and easy lever. She would struggle sometimes with the current droppers lever effort, but otherwise its been all good. Saturday’s ride will tell.

Plus, I’ve got the old one as a spare, for when we go away.

Elpho

Likes Bikes
New bike day today!

LBS had a 2017 Fuji Reveal 1.3 in my size marked down from $2399 to $1199 so was too good of a deal to not take the plunge into getting a full suspension bike. It's my first ever full suspension bike and also first bike to have air suspension instead of old coil forks so pretty keen to knock off work this arvo and take it for a ride!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
New bike day today!

LBS had a 2017 Fuji Reveal 1.3 in my size marked down from $2399 to $1199 so was too good of a deal to not take the plunge into getting a full suspension bike. It's my first ever full suspension bike and also first bike to have air suspension instead of old coil forks so pretty keen to knock off work this arvo and take it for a ride!

Holy shit thats a great buy, did you grab a shock pump aswell? If not definately get a hold of one. Enjoy!

Also, those reflectors have to go hahaha

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Popped my (ghetto) tubeless cherry, used a skinny 26" tube as a rim strip over a single wrap of Gorilla tape, the Nobby Nic sealed easily while the folding Maxxis Ignitor took a bit more effort, overall it was a piece of piss. The Nobby Nic held air with no sealant or soapy water. While I was admiring my handy work and how well I'd trimmed off the excess inner tube flush with the rim, I realised it probably won't be very easy to seat another tyre if the tube strip doesn't stick in place. I put half the bottle of Stan's in each wheel, which seems a bit excessive but at least I didn't have to resort to looking at instructions.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Refitted mu bike yoke dropper which I sent to NSD for warranty. They replaced the upper tube assy as an upgrade. Running smoover than ever!
And with that I threw a leg over the rocky for the first time since I crashed it good and fucked myself up. Good times.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Popped my (ghetto) tubeless cherry, used a skinny 26" tube as a rim strip over a single wrap of Gorilla tape, the Nobby Nic sealed easily while the folding Maxxis Ignitor took a bit more effort, overall it was a piece of piss. The Nobby Nic held air with no sealant or soapy water. While I was admiring my handy work and how well I'd trimmed off the excess inner tube flush with the rim, I realised it probably won't be very easy to seat another tyre if the tube strip doesn't stick in place. I put half the bottle of Stan's in each wheel, which seems a bit excessive but at least I didn't have to resort to looking at instructions.
For $6, I considered those rim strip tubes as consumables when I was Ghetto, but I also had schrader sized holes on a very cheap bike.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Refitted mu bike yoke dropper which I sent to NSD for warranty. They replaced the upper tube assy as an upgrade. Running smoover than ever!
And with that I threw a leg over the rocky for the first time since I crashed it good and fucked myself up. Good times.
What happened to the dropper? Bent post?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What happened to the dropper? Bent post?
Nah my revive was one of the very first batches, which had a few sealing issues up top in the assembly. It was spewing oil out the revive valve up under the seat clamp, not always returning and a revive wouldn't fix it. So I sent it off to NSD.
When they started shipping the post with that little 4mm hex lever in the box they also changed up the internals a bit so they upgraded mine accordingly.

I should say that I still freaking live the post too tho. Best dropper IMO.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For $6, I considered those rim strip tubes as consumables when I was Ghetto, but I also had schrader sized holes on a very cheap bike.
I've always drilled Presta v/v holes out to Schrader on MTB rims, and yeah I thought the same re the rim strips being consumables.
I pumped them up to 50psi and they haven't lost any pressure so I'm stoked with that and will go for a ride ASAP.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rode it at Black Hill with a couple of mates, cracking session. Damn Spitfire is such a capable trail bike. Like a cheeky Rune, more nimble and playful. Like that lovable shit stirrer you went to school with.

Elpho

Likes Bikes
Well?

Enquiring minds need to know...

How is it?
Yep it's unreal, I knew going full suspension would be better but never thought it would be this much better. Hit a few trails today and tackled a few lines that I wouldn't of even attempted on my hardtail and it just made them seem easy. Took a little bit to get my head around the suspension but once I did it didn't take long to get it dialed in.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent the morning thrashing the guts out of the 29er now it has round wheels again.

But have come the the conclusion I need more travel after I flat landed a big jump and my bars rotated back and down!
Good news is the cheap wheels held up :)

20180721_085547.jpg