What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Literally watt bombs up a snotty climb. Big twang, no power. Thought the gearbox had gone for a split second (died at the thought of having to tell)
That would've been worth cracking the popcorn out ;)

Sorry for pain in the arse though.

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm going to channel my inner Mike Levy:

"What do you call a 17kg bike without a drivetrain? A boat anchor!

You should try a chain...I hear they work pretty well"

But seriously, even if you get a warranty, maybe look at swapping to a big ass BMX chain. At least spares are readily available and you can always carry spare links.

In the meantime I'm going to take my sweet time building my Pole, confident that I'm going to get more riding on it this year than you are on your balance boat anchor.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Literally watt bombs up a snotty climb. Big twang, no power. Thought the gearbox had gone for a split second (died at the thought of having to tell) looked down and it was hanging there.
Dare I say, chain? belts suck dude. Use em at work, but only on high RPM low torque applications. everything high torque gets a chain. stick a track ss chain on there. Those dudes pump out some watts and they tend to last somewhat.

I'd give the two you've ordered a run first though before committing either way.

Also Levi's a dick. downcountry's stupid. and he can't review a 27.5 wheel bike for what it is without crapping on about how the big wheels are better for his xc sensibilities.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'll look at grabbing the chain stuff. My main reason for avoiding it is the bikes suspension is optimised around a 34t-34t belt system and the chain systems mess with this. Not much, but there is a resin they go the belt drive.

In any case, a few spares won't hurt, it's not a break I was expecting. All reports seem to be that the gates drives wear out before they break. Still, will look into the chain system replacement down the line, 2x belts out of Brissy express on Thursday (public holiday tomorrow) and see if gates comes to the warranty party tonight when Nicolai get back to me.

Better go dust the Slash off!

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
This is why a man must have more then one bike.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah... But four?

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
Yes. Different disciplines require different bikes. i’m not gonna send my scout through a set of dirtjumps, thats what the pbj’s for.

Big bike, little big bike, xc bike, dj bike. Bmx.

That’s 5. You need 5 bikes