What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

scblack

Leucocholic

Mellow arvo ride with some blow ins.

Actually I’m not from Newcastle either so technically a blow in myself!

Cold down in Vic huh.... I wish I had that problem today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of VW do you have? I’m sure that’s a VW dash.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Awesome pic - did Greg get pedals in the end?
Haha yeah, one of the drift lads had a set ready for him, he had to wheel the bike in instead of riding like the other 3. Such a good vibe, the lads were all very approachable and seemed like they genuinely had a great time.... albeit for the heat, wind and in Peatys words “short roll to the trailhead”

Mellow arvo ride with some blow ins.

Actually I’m not from Newcastle either so technically a blow in myself!

Cold down in Vic huh.... I wish I had that problem today.

To quote the Blackadder "it was hot enough to boil a monkey's bum"

Had the needle in the red a few times around Ourimbah.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Got all three of mine on bikes for the first time. My almost 2yo needed me to be holding/pushing him constantly, so i wasn't able to get out on my bike at the same time, to make it all 4 boys. Will happen soon enough i'm sure, as the little fella will be getting some sort of balance bike for Chrissy..

IMG_3994.jpg

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
To quote the Blackadder "it was hot enough to boil a monkey's bum"

Had the needle in the red a few times around Ourimbah.
I could feel the lag in my body, I can normally poodle around quite easy in the heat, but first decent length ride in a while coupled with Heat and giddiness of meeting riding royalty and I was on struggle street.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Got all three of mine on bikes for the first time. My almost 2yo needed me to be holding/pushing him constantly, so i wasn't able to get out on my bike at the same time, to make it all 4 boys. Will happen soon enough i'm sure, as the little fella will be getting some sort of balance bike for Chrissy..
How tall is your 8yo? That Ramones 24+ looks big.

BT180

Max Pfaff
How tall is your 8yo? That Ramones 24+ looks big.
No idea haha. He has always been above the curve though for his age. I think the pic being at the crest of a sloping driveway makes it look bigger? Anyway, there's still plenty of growing room, which is good. H's still getting used to properly handling a bike when stationary and even though the seat is as low as it can go, he's on his tippy-toes when not on level ground. He can set off and ride though, so all good. Seat actually needs to be a bit higher for pedalling.

IMG_4005.jpg

Great Geo - My 5yo even thinks it's his size!

IMG_3913.jpg

Biggest issue is that their little hands struggle to reach the brake levers. No reach adjustment at this price point!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Biggest issue is that their little hands struggle to reach the brake levers. No reach adjustment at this price point!
When our kids were tackers, I cut slots in some carefully chosen nuts, and then crimped them onto the cable between the lever and the mount to reduce the reach to the brake levers. After they grew up a bit, I took them off.

BT180

Max Pfaff
When our kids were tackers, I cut slots in some carefully chosen nuts, and then crimped them onto the cable between the lever and the mount to reduce the reach to the brake levers. After they grew up a bit, I took them off.
Good tip, cheers. Might look into something like that.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Went to the physio in search of new exercises for dealing with my calcified tendon... One day hopefully I can do big days on the bike again without pain. One day...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Went to the physio in search of new exercises for dealing with my calcified tendon... One day hopefully I can do big days on the bike again without pain. One day...
Find a good massuese and go regularly. Has done wonders for my knees.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk