What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took off old mtb chain making weird noises and resistance, put old (but mint) road bike chain on MTB, and put new chain on road bike. Then find out duraace chains have one side facing out, and coincidentally I installed both of mine facing in. There was also an issue or two with the quick links but I won't go into it.

PJO

in me vL comy
You successfully failed?

I've read that about twelve times now, still no idea if the seatpost is still in the bike or not.
I'm guessing @Warp set out to fail at removing the seatpost and he succeeded in achieving his goal...

Or he failed to succeeed in removing his seatpost, either way the seatpost is still giving him the bird.

Warp

Likes Dirt
You successfully failed?

I've read that about twelve times now, still no idea if the seatpost is still in the bike or not.
I'm guessing @Warp set out to fail at removing the seatpost and he succeeded in achieving his goal...

Or he failed to succeeed in removing his seatpost, either way the seatpost is still giving him the bird.
The dang post is still giving me the bird. Seatpost 1 - Warp 0.

I guess the joke does not translate well into English from Spanish.

Note to self 1 - Never borrow your bike. I lent this bike to a friend and I'm not sure what did he do to it but the thing is stuck af.
Note to self 2 - Don't try to make jokes in Spanish to work into English :D :D

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The dang post is still giving me the bird. Seatpost 1 - Warp 0.

I guess the joke does not translate well into English from Spanish.

Note to self 1 - Never borrow your bike. I lent this bike to a friend and I'm not sure what did he do to it but the thing is stuck af.
Note to self 2 - Don't try to make jokes in Spanish to work into English :D :D
Is it a carbon frame and an alloy seatpost?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Warp

Likes Dirt
Is it a carbon frame and an alloy seatpost?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Fortunately is an Aluminium post into a steel frame. Unfortunately, it is a Thomson in my TransAM.

I hope just a bit of elbow grease and WD-40 do the trick.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
UN-Fortunately is an Aluminium post into a steel frame. Unfortunately, it is a Thomson

I hope just a bit of elbow grease and WD-40 do the trick.
I had that exact same problem a few years ago...I had to use some more drastic measures to extract said post.